UHF SATCOM downlinks with a US footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
I posted about this in the Space forum, but it occurs to me that some here may find it interesting or useful (or wrong and useless).

I've found a number of excellent web references to UHF military satellite downlinks in the 225-318 MHz subband, but for some reason the majority of them seem to be focused on signals that can be received in Europe. So I'm cataloging the various downlinks receivable from the East and West coasts, which together should constitute a reasonably complete guide to the geostationary downlinks that cover the continental US, Canada, and Mexico.

I'm pretty well done with the East coast survey (from the Philly area), and will add a survey from West coast (SF Bay area) survey later this month.

The catalog is here: UHF Satellite Downlinks Receivable in the US .

A brief guide to the spectrum produced by various transponders is here: Some Example UHF Satellite Downlink Spectrum Plots .

A thread in the space forum is here, which is probably the best place for comments and corrections (which are most welcome): http://forums.radioreference.com/sp...50356-uhf-satcom-downlinks-receivable-us.html

Thanks

Satcom

I posted about this in the Space forum, but it occurs to me that some here may find it interesting or useful (or wrong and useless).

I've found a number of excellent web references to UHF military satellite downlinks in the 225-318 MHz subband, but for some reason the majority of them seem to be focused on signals that can be received in Europe. So I'm cataloging the various downlinks receivable from the East and West coasts, which together should constitute a reasonably complete guide to the geostationary downlinks that cover the continental US, Canada, and Mexico.

I'm pretty well done with the East coast survey (from the Philly area), and will add a survey from West coast (SF Bay area) survey later this month.

The catalog is here: UHF Satellite Downlinks Receivable in the US .

A brief guide to the spectrum produced by various transponders is here: Some Example UHF Satellite Downlink Spectrum Plots .

A thread in the space forum is here, which is probably the best place for comments and corrections (which are most welcome): http://forums.radioreference.com/sp...50356-uhf-satcom-downlinks-receivable-us.html

Thanks

A CONUS survey would be welcome, especially for those of us in the middle of the country. From here in flyover country we cant see the Atlantic and West Pacific satellites.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
A CONUS survey would be welcome, especially for those of us in the middle of the country. From here in flyover country we cant see the Atlantic and West Pacific satellites.

The full survey is now up at UHF SATCOM Downlinks Receivable in North America .

For those not near a coast (and who can therefore receive only the CONUS footprint), you can use either the Philadelphia area or San Francisco listings. Just ignore the LANT or PAC satellites in the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.