• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Uhf Spectra Hi-Low Power Selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeaterboy

Hello fellow operators,and thanks again for your help on my previous question.Radio is up and running thanks to you guys.Just one other question please.I have the A9 remote head.Id like to know how to switch from low power being 45 watts,to high power being 100 watts? It has the hi-low button on the head.Any help would be very helpful. Thanks.

jhooten

If the button has H/L that is normally Horn and lights not high/low power. You can change it in the program. You also have to go into the radio tuner section of the program and set the power levels.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I don't recall that you can actually set one of the buttons for high/low power in RSS. TX Power is set by mode, so what you have to do is create a mode for high power operation, and another for low power operation. The drawback to this is that you use two modes for one channel, one being high power, the other being low power.

An alternative is to use the direct feature. You could program a mode with a repeater pair, for example, then set the talk around mode for the same repeater pair, except set the tx power for low power in the "direct" mode. The disadvantage of this approach is that you wouldn't have a real direct, or talk-around, mode. Just a mode that has two power levels, and then the direct button would, in effect, be operating as a power switch.

You could then set the direct button function to the button actually labeled H/L.

repeaterboy

Re- Motorola spectra HI-LO Button

Hello again,and thanks moderator for moving this post to Motorola forum. Here are pics of the remote head and closeup of button. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,076
  • DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,298

repeaterboy

Mapping?

Hello,and what is to map that button mancow?When i press it,it does nothing. Im in Australia,and i use the local repeaters over here.The reason i need it is because to be heard.Over here you need to run decent power.To get over the ratbags that live right next to the repeater,and wont let you have a go.The frequency is 477.Im still confused as to what this Hi-Lo key is for.Does anyone know where i can find a user manual on this radio? Thanks.

jhooten

That hi-lo button in the picture you posted is a SIREN sound select button. If you do not have a siren connected then it will not do anything.

Mapping means to assign a function to a button position. Button mapping is an RSS function. Who ever programmed the radio should be able to map the control head buttons.

NORMALLY the button used to select low power just says LOW on it. HI-LO is a siren function button. H/L is to turn on the Horn and Light in coming call alert function.

I don't know how to make it any more clear than that.

grem467

Analog only (ie non astro spectras) do not support assigning high/low power to a button, only a mode IIRC

been awhile since i have programmed one, however

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Grem is correct. You can assign high or low power to a personality but not as a slectable button on the head. I have my VHF set up as high power on the repeater and the talk around as the next personality as the low.

Status
Not open for further replies.