UHP Frequencies for SLC area on VHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powderchaser

I am a casual listener living in Park City and have only 1-2 frequencies left to program on my radio. If you had to pick 1 frequency for UHP in the SLC area which would it be? I think there used to be a north and south channel. Which one is used in SLC? Also, are there any statewide channels that get used often on VHF for agencies to talk to each other that have much traffic?

One last question in Park City. I know Summit SO is on VHF. There are VHF channels listed for summit north and south for Fire. Are they still used? Is one busier than than the other?

Thanks

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Not much on vhf, some though, I have them programmed they are used, probably patched with 800, vhf is fading, used more so in other areas of the state, slc is used some, but not a lot unless patched

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I would suggest trying one of the following:
151.0250 114.8
154.7550 192.8
154.9050 186.2
155.6100 151.4
155.7450 210.7

Each has been used by UHP in the past year. Different users, different uses, different areas. Take your pick.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
And as they keep changing out equipment at each site to move to P25 they seem to be patching some of the older freq's the took offline a few years ago back into the system. UHP vhf is patched again in Box Elder Co. and hasn't been active for probably 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.