UHP I-15 Provo to St. George

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD7ZW

Going to be taking a trip to las vegas in the comming weeks. What sites & talk groups do i need to program in a scanner. Mainly want to listen to UHP. UDOT would be nice also but weather shouldn't be a concern this trip.
I'm assuming that the central part of the state may still be VHF. Any help is appreciated.

Reed
AD7ZW
Northeastern Utah

kf7yn

You can do I-15 all the way to St George on 800 MHz. From the RR database, program UHP TGs for Utah, Juab, Millard, Beaver, Iron and Washington Counties.

Richfield dispatches Juab and Millard. Cedar City dispatches Beaver, Iron and Washington.

I would monitor Utah Co Simo, Lake IR, Scipio, Monroe Peak, White Pine, Cedar Mtn (Millard), Gillies Hill, maybe Frisco Peak, Windy Ridge, New Harmony, Toquerville, St Geoge Simo and Utah Hill. Those should give you continuous coverage.

If I forgot any, someone please chime in.

Junior1970

Iron Mountain near Cedar City is stronger going south than Windy. Check for new TGs as Iron County has a couple TGs simulcasting from VHF freqs. I believe 51296 is Cedar City PD as I kept hearing 3W indentifers when this did pop up.

Levan Peak in Juab from Utah County to Mills where Scipio sometimes hands off

Beaver SO at 158.9025 is pretty active as they patrol from the 104 to about 120 regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.