UHP traffic I-80 to NV Stateline

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

I drive between Nevada and SLC weekly. I have a Home Patrol scanner in my vehicle and never hear any UHP traffic west ot the Salt Lake City Metro area. I hear Tooele SO and EMS and the Life Flight units fine. Is there a TG missing from the database for this area?

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
uhp

I believe that the UHP is dispatch on the same channel as the main dispatch for Tooele

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
UHP

So I would listen to talk group 4000 and 4576 for uhp that I think would help you out I have heard Uhp on those channels before all so they are not very busy like the salt lake dispatch is. You will hear Tooele main dispatch on 4000 but that is how they have it. it is like Davis county

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Is the link between NV and UT still in service (42.94)?

Junior1970

No. NHP uses the NSRS EDACS 800 and UHP is on UCAN Motorola Type II 800. TG 40000 is Tooele Law 1 and UHP Section 7(?) is dispatched by Tooele County. UHP units are two and three digit numbers and anything numbered callsign ending with Hotel is Tooele (1 Hotel - Sheriffs, 2 Hotel - Tooele City, 3 Hotel - Grantsville, etc).

PJH

Premium Subscriber
The question was more to the "link" channel that is license to UHP (actually two lowband channels and a few VHF ones) and were renewed in 2011 which should have been well after Nevada went to 800 and UCAN was well inplaced

Status
Not open for further replies.