UHP UCAN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangle

Premium Subscriber
I am a scanning radio listener and I use a base and hand held radio for monitoring. I live in Hurricane Ut. and from my home with my hand held I was able to listen for some time to the UHP in Salt Lake County. Can someone explain to me how I was able to monitor them from 260 miles away from here? The tag number was 19712 and the reception was excellent. This was done through the Toquerville Hill site 002. I was in search scan mode when this occurred.

scannermanner1

Premium Subscriber
sure basically what is happening is someone from Salt Lake County/ or with the radio programmed for Salt Lake County was or is down in the Washington County area........ my guess would be the UHP helicopter down in this area because they're Main dispatch is in Salt Lake County! so same thing would happen if someone had radio programed for Washington County and they were on Cedar south and went up to Salt Lake then people up there with scanners would hear the traffic on cedar south........ hope that helps message me for more detailed explanation!

bojangle

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense to me thanks for your response and answer. I had no idea that communications worked like that. Very interesting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.