UI AA County Talkgroups Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3bxv

3 Talkgroups not in the Database are currently up and active on the AACO System - TG 6448, 6480, and 6512, working some sort of event. I've heard units from Annapolis Fire, AACO Fire, Baltimore County Fire.. "Command", "Parking", "Stadium"..

Mention of "Maryland Hall", Bladen Street" "Calvert Street" and "Memorial"

Edit to add - OK the event is the Dedication of the Maryland Fallen FireFighters Memorial in Annapolis.

Does anyone have IDs for these Talkgroups?

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
From a very old (original) template, I have these as "Disaster" talkgroups ... they been seen active in the past during the Volvo Ocean Race and in conjunction with the county's mobile communications truck MCCU-1 (which kinda makes sense).

6416 22-A DISASTER GENERAL
6448 22-B DISASTER 1
6480 22-C DISASTER 2
6512 22-D DISASTER 3

They are set up today for the dedication of the Maryland Fallen Firefighter's Memorial. There will be a precession down West St in Annapolis to the memorial at Rowe Blvd and Calvert St. The dedication service itself will begin at 3 pm today. Fire apparatus from all around the state will be in attendence.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/lo...4jun04,0,7969272.story?coll=bal-local-carroll

Last edited:

sgfitzs

I heard the same TGs used during the bay bridge walk. There were a lot of discussions related to security concerns about certain ships passing under the bridges during the walk. I just programmed the TG display on my 996 as "SPECIAL EVENTS"

n3bxv

troymail said:
From a very old (original) template, I have these as "Disaster" talkgroups ... they been seen active in the past during the Volvo Ocean Race and in conjunction with the county's mobile communications truck MCCU-1 (which kinda makes sense).

6416 22-A DISASTER GENERAL
6448 22-B DISASTER 1
6480 22-C DISASTER 2
6512 22-D DISASTER 3

I can confirm that they are calling 6448 Bravo, 6480, Charlie and 6512 Delta.... And 6416 is also in use.

Any idea why this (zone 22) hasn't made the Database before?

Llwellyn

n3bxv said:
I can confirm that they are calling 6448 Bravo, 6480, Charlie and 6512 Delta.... And 6416 is also in use.

Any idea why this (zone 22) hasn't made the Database before?

There was never any actual traffic monitored on those TG's before; I think a couple of the Trunker guys logged affiliated radios but no one had caught them in use before... also, without significant traffic like today it's hard to pin down what the use really is... half the time, you'll catch UI traffic and have no clue what it is because it's chit-chat or it was three words...

Status
Not open for further replies.