Ui

Status
Not open for further replies.

scollier

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing ok with the storm, and has power

The UI doesnt seem to be on 48.36 anymore! New freq? Should be a little more busy now!

Thanks and best
Shawn

scollier

Hey thanks joe,

Hope you're doing well and safe. Still no power out here on rolling ridge! Cracked down pole on both hill! Batt low. Best till later

Thanks much
Shawn

scollier

Hey lead

What freqs are you hearing chatter on. 451.15 has a data burst. The uhfs used to be for meter readers. Still getting nothing in 48.36. Used to get traffic up till a couple of weeks ago. Unless the booth hill tower is down? Heard an identifier on 48.36

At least we got power back sun 530pm. Saw 3 trucks go up the road a while ago!

Hope everyone has power and is safe and well.

Best with much thanks
Stay cool
Shawn

leadjammer

Hey lead

What freqs are you hearing chatter on. 451.15 has a data burst. The uhfs used to be for meter readers. Still getting nothing in 48.36. Used to get traffic up till a couple of weeks ago. Unless the booth hill tower is down? Heard an identifier on 48.36

At least we got power back sun 530pm. Saw 3 trucks go up the road a while ago!

Hope everyone has power and is safe and well.

Best with much thanks
Stay cool
Shawn
Always heard them on 48.46......but nothing at all doing this past week. Someone told me they are using cell phones to communicate but that didn't make sense to me. Something has changed for sure. Hear nothing but static on 451.150. 48.36 or channel 2 hasn't been used for a long time. Don't know how they communicate with the out of state trucks. Glad the power is on. Didn't lose it here...very lucky.

scollier

Yeah! I thought so! A way to hide crew locations from angry civilians/government? Lol! They might be using LTE radios as well!

Probably LTE net comms. Tou finish one job, they either head to next on list or get messaged where to go next. Out of states probably have apps on phones/tablets as well or they work with UI foremen.

UI did a good job given the damage and manpower! Can't fix lines till trees are removed! Lewis wont touch a suspicious looking line that might be energized! Dont blame them!

Thanks much all, and hope everyone has power! Stay cool!

Shawn

leadjammer

The person that told me they were using phones were spot on I guess. There was basically no use of the radios at all during the biggest storm in recent history. I did hear some traffic on the Eversource frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.