UIDs/RIDs in Carroll County, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to decipher a specific TG, 10371, in Carroll County. They broadcast with RIDs in the 2155000 through 2155075 range. I list 32 separate RIDs on that TG, within that range. So far, I've been unable to unearth any DB which correlates to this range of RIDs. Most of Carroll is in the 2320xxx 2330xxx, Which is Fire and Sheriff respectively. Utilities/LG seems to be in the 2335xxx, 2332xxx range for the most part. But these oddball RIDs.. trying to figure out. Thoughts from anyone in the monitoring area? Only thing I come with at this point is Citizen Services (an area/dept. of LG here in Carroll).

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to decipher a specific TG, 10371, in Carroll County. They broadcast with RIDs in the 2155000 through 2155075 range. I list 32 separate RIDs on that TG, within that range. So far, I've been unable to unearth any DB which correlates to this range of RIDs. Most of Carroll is in the 2320xxx 2330xxx, Which is Fire and Sheriff respectively. Utilities/LG seems to be in the 2335xxx, 2332xxx range for the most part. But these oddball RIDs.. trying to figure out. Thoughts from anyone in the monitoring area? Only thing I come with at this point is Citizen Services (an area/dept. of LG here in Carroll).
2155xxx are state radios, specifically DHMH.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
I wonder why then, they would be on a TG in Carroll County, which has been active for a few years now. They seem to be discussing security topics, like checking different buildings and offices, etc.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Can't answer that question, but Springfield State Hospital is in Carroll County, and DHMH has a police department.

sfb88

IIRC, Carroll County has some elder care facilities with reported Covid-19 cases. Maybe DHMH is providing support there.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
IIRC, Carroll County has some elder care facilities with reported Covid-19 cases. Maybe DHMH is providing support there.
It's certainly possible, but the OP mentions he's been seeing the RIDs on Carroll County's system for several years. FIRST coverage in the Sykesville area is not perfect; there are frequencies reserved for a new ASR site in Sykesville, TBD. MIEMSS / the state already has a tower on the grounds.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
I did hear mention of the McKeldin building while listening to transmissions. Looking at the Springfield Hosp Ctr site map on a PDF, it does indeed show a McKeldin building complex. So I do believe you probably nailed the location and the user for this particular TG. I thank you, this one has "bugged" me for quite a while. Odd though that Spring Grove Hospital Ctr in Catonsville is actually using the MD FIRST system, I hear them often when monitoring the Baltimore LSM. You definitely could be right about lacking RF in the southern Carroll area though, which would explain why they are not using the FIRST system as yet.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Carroll County is using 853.9375 as the primary control channel today.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
Oh.. and by the way.. 10371 is indeed Maryland DHMH and is the Springfield Hospital Center. I heard them yesterday mention "Springfield" in a communication. Guess I should submit it for DB placement. I'll mention about the CC for Carroll, too and check the other frequencies on DSD to make sure they're good. Thanks again for the help, that one was bugging me.

AdamHLG

yep typo. The RRDB has a different primary.

Wait - just to clarify, what is the typo? I am using 852.9375 today and hearing communications. This is the CC listed in RR. I just want to make sure I do not need to add another CC. Thanks.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
No 852.9375 is the Carroll County P25 system CC. The typo that the writer mentioned was 853.9375. It is actually 852.9375. Hope that helps.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Wait - just to clarify, what is the typo? I am using 852.9375 today and hearing communications. This is the CC listed in RR. I just want to make sure I do not need to add another CC. Thanks.
To clarify further, 852.9375 is the current cch for Carroll County. Prior to the correction to the RRDB today, another channel was marked as the primary cch. It is important to have accurate data in the RRDB because some people only enter the primary cch into their programming. It is recommended to enter the primary and the alternate control channels to prevent loss of reception, but some people are lazy I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.