UK Scanning Directory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lodis

Does anyone know of a good searcheable CD disk of UK frequencies? I have been looking through the latest UK Scanning Directory and there are so many interesting frequencies that would be so much more useful if they could be searched by for a specific areaon a CD. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

By the way, I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in this hobby.

morfis

Lodis said:
Does anyone know of a good searcheable CD disk of UK frequencies? I have been looking through the latest UK Scanning Directory and there are so many interesting frequencies that would be so much more useful if they could be searched by for a specific areaon a CD. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

By the way, I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in this hobby.

The book is constantly out of date. If you are talking about the latest edition (2006) it was based on the frequency lists of the scanpromauk yahoo group.

Scanpromauk is a 99% spam list but even so it is still the best place for up to date UK frequency info. The main listing is published each month to the files area and there is an online searchable version which lags a little bit behind those.

morfis

Didn't have the web URLs to hand earlier (though they are mentioned in other threads if you use the "search feature of this site)

scanpromauk yahoo mailing list:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scanpromauk

Online version of scanpromauk database:
http://www.mckernan.it/proma/default.asp

There was a CD version produced a couple of years ago for Shortwave Magazine. That is probably knocking about online somewhere but again will be very out of date.

Lodis

Thanks, I have been checking out the scanpromauk yahoo mailing list recently, I will look for the main listing. The UK Scanning Direxctory I was talking about was the 9th Edition, I guess that is the 2006 one.

LisaUK

The UK Scanning Directory 2011

The UK Scanning Directory 2011 is excellent and Updated Daily by a dedicated group of Radio Amateurs and SWL Listeners UK Scanner Frequencies 2011

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaUK

UK Scanning Directory 2012

why not just use the wireless telegraphy register?

The WTR is good but it's not the best. Only certain 'licensed' frequencies can be found there. Many gov and private users are not listed like Prisons for example and the civil and military airband along with many other bands and users are also not covered by the WTR.

The KimmyJS19 UK Scanning Directory on the link I posted above has it all, I can't recommend it enough and it's very up to date.

phillmobile

well ok i appreciate your need to neg my posts but why say its no good it must be the basis for some frequencies to start with and it is another tool, i am only trying to assist and contribute to other peoples requirements and i didnt see you bring up a usefull alternative.

phillmobile

And as for this kimmy cd nonsense it is simple a guy who trolled t1 and other web sites and added them all to alist to profit from people he has no bases to either confirm nor disconfirm that the said frequencies are indeed valid given that some people have resorted to posting false freqs as a sign of displeasure at this whole business, so i would say that the wtr is more usefull as a basis for starting scanning than any kimmy nonsense ever will be.

I awate your new neg post

lep

See: p. 09, Radio Communication, AUG 2012 issue for advert for Ultimate Scanning Guide with free CD included,4th edition, 416 pages, Order from: RSGB Shop.

SCPD

QRT
Radioscanninguk.com has plenty of people posting frequencies by area. They also have a frequency list they sell but I believe they get most of the information from the ofcom frequency allocation database.

Sorry that was meant to be UKRadioScanning.com :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.