UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkman

If you buy a scanner from another country not the US. May be the UK are they still cell blocked?
And if you can get a Uniden 250D 296D that is unblocked will it receive digital cell and cordless?
What country can a unblocked digital scanner be bought from? Can they be bought mail order?
Any good mail order web sites. I am most interested in England Cuss I may be going there next year.

morfis

Generally speaking scanners sold in Europe are not cell-blocked. A few American models are for the simple reason that they don't produce two versions.

Most UK dealers will do mail order. Javiation (based in Leeds, they do have a website) seem to get good customer comments from people in the USA. Bandercom in Finland also do mail order and have very competitive prices. They too have a website.

If you mean GSM phones then no, you can't do anything about listening to them (yes, I know there are lots of websites that sayu uou can buy kits that will allow you to decode the signals but I have never met anyone who has been able to!).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
There is currently no form of over the air digital cellular that can be monitored by any of the current scanners.

GSM also has the advantage of having the over the air interface encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.