Uknown TGIDs seen on DC's trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Unknown TGIDs seen on DC's trunked system

Looking to know if anyone's IDed these TGIDs I've picked up on DC's trunked system:

20080 - Fits into the interagency category. Sounded like two police vehicles chatting about a vehicle they were watching, but wasn't able to identify the agency. I didn't see Montgomery listed in INteragency off the bat -- might this have been them?

(And just for fun, anyone know which agency NDW is (20048)?)

34368 - Belongs under the St. Elizabeth category. Haven't heard it recently, but I picked it up on my scanner at some point.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Those under interagency in the DB aren't really interagency talkgroups, at least the ones I've heard used. Maybe they used to be, but they certainly aren't now. I would categorize them as car theft task force/undercover ops.
20080 is used in the 6th Dist.
20048 seems to be 2nd Dist,

There are others not listed that are used for the same types of ops. These are generally the only channels I listen to. They are very entertaining on weekend nights.

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Those under interagency in the DB aren't really interagency talkgroups, at least the ones I've heard used. Maybe they used to be, but they certainly aren't now. I would categorize them as car theft task force/undercover ops.
20080 is used in the 6th Dist.
20048 seems to be 2nd Dist,

There are others not listed that are used for the same types of ops. These are generally the only channels I listen to. They are very entertaining on weekend nights.

Got a couple of these TGID's that aren't listed? I only pick up on DC while driving through it on my daily commute, so my listening window is very small. I've only recently fixed the cross-talk I get by having police/fire on separate systems and hearing police talking on the fire channels (and vice-versa) by locking out a bunch of TGIDs on both systems.

The interagency TGIDs do seem to be quiet. Does DC use another mechanism to communicate with surrounding jurisdictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.