Ulster County 33.48 Cross-band

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFR465

So, interestingly enough, I've been able to actually catch traffic on 154.745 pl 82.5 which broadcasts some, NOT ALL, dispatches from Ulster 911 off 33.48. However, I have a feeling this frequency may not be the exact match for what they're really broadcasting on - or where it broadcasting from for that matter.

Anyone else with some input?

(I wish I could give a concise list of which towns I'm able to receive, but I will say it gets a little better east of the Hurley/Shandaken area on Route 28.)

Regards,
Chris

MFR465

Thank you Thunderknight! That makes a lot of sense!!! Didn't even think of looking towards EMS for that!

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Also, Ulster 911 will broadcast on 33.48 and 155.220 at the same time if they are dispatching fire and ems to the same call.

N3EYQ

154.74... KAR WPTX795

Looks likes Kerhonkson Accord Rescue has a mobile relay-repeater pair on 154.74/159.09 they may have that crossing over??? 155.220 gets selected EMS dispatches from 33.48 when fire and EMS get dispatched but that is done at the 911 center.

N3EYQ

Ulster County topography is hard to get everywhere with just two towers hence that have 4 now on 33.48.. and still coverage is hard in some areas. Kerhonkson is along a Mountain ridge... The south tower is in that shadow of the moutain, the North tower is too far way, Kingston is a low power transmitter and the Highland tower is the other side of the ridge...so local repeater. Orange county departments have down this all over with simplex repeaters (record and forward) and relays to UHF. Bloomington and Rosendale are just south of kingston is like that in a rf hole in a fairly deep river valley my gps showed it below sea level occasionally with 300 ft hills of glacial sand to each side. So it gets dipsatched twice once on each tower to get the best coverage. KARS put a repeater in and it must have put an input from the 911 center. many local PD's are doing this on the trunked systems...eliminates having more than 1 radio in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.