Ulster County Highway UHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Saw that license seems odd they would try to cover the whole county. i noticed NYCOMCO had a FB8 licensed at the same spot.....and i also noticed its licensed in the wrong county.....

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't delete it just yet mtnrider.. At least what Dutchess County Highway is doing for now is they still have their VHF on the air linked in to NYCOMCO Motocrapo system.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Havent heard them in months...so itake a stab and figure there not linking....shame for all the other Depts in the county that are HB and havent sunk the taxpaying money in to a private system...

cackis

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.719 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'd love to hear the line of BS the salesman are going with to sell people on the crap. I'm sure it's something like "you have to go digital for narrowbanding". Sad part is people are buying it. Word has it that the Town of Blooming Grove in Orange Cty is switching their highway dept over to NYCOMO's UHF Turbo system in the near future. The best part with that is their present VHF repeater provides excellent coverage for the whole town. What a waste of taxpayer money. I'd love to see what they pay a year for the PD's 800 radios and now the highway turbo radios. NYCRIMECO.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Cackis. Where I work we pad 29 dollars a month for the edacs portables when we were on edacs. I think for the MotoCrapo portables we are paying 39 dollars a month for each radio. Its a shame in 2 years the radios will be well paid for and we'll probably keep leasing them for years after. I think we had the same edac portables for over 7 years maybe close to 10

Status
Not open for further replies.