Ulster Orange Dutchess EDACS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech1

I was listening to this system on Saturday June 24,2017 and noticed a very unusual ID. I turned and looked at the display on my BCD996P2 and saw ID i6207. I have never seen this before, does anyone have any idea what this is ? or who this is ?

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Individual call involving radio ID 6207. The agency is the Town of Ulster PD.

KC2zZe

First, as a point of clarification: the EDACS you are referring to is neither Ulster's, Orange's, or Dutchess'. It belongs to New York Communications Company, who leases airtime to assorted public safety entities on it - Ulster Police being one of them.

Talkgroup 06-084 is Ulster PD's dispatch talkgroup. It is a group call talkgroup, meaning one radio to many radios. As pro92b points out above, Ulster Police's radios also allow users to make one radio to one radio calls. Your settings on your BCD996P2 allow you to monitor for such one-to-one transmissions and you captured one such call.

Tech1

I know who owns the Radio System Thank You. Ulster, Dutchess and Orange Counties lease the system or rent space on it. I have been a scanner radio hobbyist since the 1970's.

crazyboy

I know who owns the Radio System Thank You. Ulster, Dutchess and Orange Counties lease the system or rent space on it. I have been a scanner radio hobbyist since the 1970's.

Way to be appreciative to those answering your question.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The Town of Ulster PD Dispatch is supposed to be 06-084 not i6207. Why would it change in the middle of a radio transmission ?

They didn't change it... 6207 is a LID. LID is an ID that is issued to each radio. Its a form of ANI simply put.

KC2GSP

As an everyday user of that system, I would rather trust my life using 2 cans connected with string

Status
Not open for further replies.