Umatilla Ordinace Depot- Hermiston , Or

Status
Not open for further replies.

commstar

Premium Subscriber

Happened to be travelling thru the Hermiston area yesterday (a true garden spot too btw).

Was on I-82 S/B Just South of Bridge Road adjacent to the depot. I saw a plain white GM pickup (no lights, no markings) parked on the West side of the highway but on the depot side of the fence (no access to the highway).
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

There was a service member (female) in tan BDU's standing outside the truck with a silver gun like device about the size of a LIDAR/RADAR gun up to her face and facing into the depot. Unless she was painting a rabbit for speed, I saw no other vehicles around......... and all frequencies known to me were quiet.

Anyone have any knowledge about the depot running LIDAR or is this some other type of sensor for something else perhaps? I suspect it was simply LIDAR but will pose the question regardless.

Hoping I did not unwittingly drive thru some cloud of Uncle Sugars Super Funk.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
probably more of an Oregon Forum question

She could be checking air quality since they are incinerating missiles and the like there, but could be some other use. They have their P25 UHF system but not sure if it's encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.