• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Un-associated scan for APX radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgamache124

This may be a long shot, but has anyone heard of an APX radio being able to scan a p.25 phase 1 system unassociated?

APX7500X2

yea works great, 1000s of posts all over the internet about it, but your going to run into a lot of self appointed radio police...good luck

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
APX is this not limited to firmware older than a certain like less than 20.0 and software version?
My mistake I thought I read in the form about upgrades killing that
That was a rumor started by the uninformed, which I debunked quite some time ago. The latest firmware R26.03.00 will scan Multi-System Talkgroup or Intelligent Priority from a conventional channel just fine, without registering.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
yea works great, 1000s of posts all over the internet about it, but your going to run into a lot of self appointed radio police...good luck
hey man many of them self appointed radio police are under cover and would prefer you not speak of them. LOL

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
That was a rumor started by the uninformed, which I debunked quite some time ago. The latest firmware R26.03.00 will scan Multi-System Talkgroup or Intelligent Priority from a conventional channel just fine, without registering.
Exactly, APX radios are easier to setup for NAS and give you more TG's in a scan list (I believe 52?), plus the APX CPS is easier to use than Astro25 CPS. Just buy a radio with the correct FC options (very easy to find) and you'll be set. Unfortunately right now APX stuff is in high demand and short supply, there is a massive Mother M backlog on new orders (like many months) and used ones are often pretty $$$. Right now is a great time to be a seller.

However you can get Harris XG/M/P stuff for a lot cheaper these days on Fleabay or facebook groups, which I would seriously consider if for no other reason than to help out those who need APX's for "normal" uses, plus they work a lot better for NAS IMO.

ME801

The Harris XG/M/P radios are capable of true NAS, and you can select one TG to scan without risk of affiliating. Volly's that come to me asking how to monitor our system I'll help them NAS with a Harris (to an extent), if they come to me with a Moto, I flat out tell them I will do everything I can to turn your radio into a very expensive paperweight. Tons and tons of info out there in internet land on NAS for Harris and Mother M.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
The Harris XG/M/P radios are capable of true NAS, and you can select one TG to scan without risk of affiliating. Volly's that come to me asking how to monitor our system I'll help them NAS with a Harris (to an extent), if they come to me with a Moto, I flat out tell them I will do everything I can to turn your radio into a very expensive paperweight. Tons and tons of info out there in internet land on NAS for Harris and Mother M.
For the "uninitiated" I would think RPM is easier to use than Astro25 CPS and probably APX CPS, but maybe they'd all be terribly confusing for the uninitiated. Regardless, with RPM you can tell people to be 100% certain about setting a few check-boxes correctly (maybe even with diagrams?) and if they screw anything else up it will only impact them.

Status
Not open for further replies.