Unable to Backspace on Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
A couple of weeks ago I noticed a strange issue where I was incapable of backspacing on my posts as I was typing them. I noticed this same bizarre issue on another forum too. Basically any time I hit the back arrow to erase something I typed the keyboard will vanish.
It actually prompted me to get a new phone as the old one was 4 years old and it was time.

Now the issue appears to have returned even on my brand new phone. Am I the only one experiencing this??

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi @darkness975, I've not seen that issue but it would probably help the admins to know what model phones and what firmware versions they were loaded with when this issue occurs. Hope you can get this fixed. BTW, have you tried shutting off the phone and turning it back on again (rebooting)? Just a thought even though it is happening on two different phones. Cheers! Dave

Reconrider

I’m on an iPhone 8+ and it’s been fine never had that issue. My laptop is windows 10 and haven’t had any issues either.

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi @darkness975, I forgot to mention myself, I am using an Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.7 firmware. My desktop computer is a Dell XPS8700 with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Build 18363.535 without any backspace issues. Cheers! Dave

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I'm having the exact same problem when posting from my phone.

Posting from a computer works normally.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Typing this on Firefox 79.0.5 with Android version 9 with NO ISSUES!

I see a software update is available so I'll update and try again.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Updated to Android 10 and still NOT seeing an issue with the backspace key using Firefox.

I just updated Firefox and Chrome.

Test with Firefox and no issues seen.

Now I'm on Chrome and pressing Enter or Backspace hides the keyboard.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I should note that I didn't have the issue until I updated Chrome this morning.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Yes it is chrome and android. According to people that have posted in this thread as well as people that have posted on the other forum A lot of people are having the same exact issue with the keyboard disappearing after each backspace press. Some kind of software glitch is what I am seeing. Never had an issue on a computer, for me it's on mobile phone.

I am using the samsung keyboard not the google one. Still having the issue.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Typing this on Firefox 79.0.5 with Android version 9 with NO ISSUES!

I see a software update is available so I'll update and try again.

I wanted to jump in and say NOOOOOO to upgrading Firefox on your Android. The new Firefox is crap, no tabs,an incomprehensible GUI. Simply trash. I am about to dump it and try something else. I have been a Mozilla/Firefox fan for decades and now they have screwed the pooch.

K9DWB

QRT
Today I've had the issue with backspace/ delete key hides the keyboard when on Chrome and my Samsung A10e smartphone. On Firefox it does not have the glitch. Both browsers are being fed mobile data. I'm on Android 9 it seems.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I know it sounds like a silly suggestion, but have you tried a cold reboot? Whether phone or PC, whether brand A or brand B; these days some code just hasn't been designed to run bullet-proof and a system reboot can correct issues.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the Kiwi browser with Android on a Samsung S8. No problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.