• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unable to find Monitor Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogress

I've got a P25T system setup with two talkgroups in knob 1. Works great. For the life of me, I can't find where to set Monitor Mode on the menu. I go to main menu, Function Status, but I only have 1. Select Zone, 2. Duty On/Off, 3. Bluetooth Settings, 4. Auto Keypad, 5. Fixed Alert, 6. Voice Call.

Is Monitor Mode supposed to be in there somewhere?

(I'm trying to monitor all talkgroups, not just the 2 have programmed)

Last edited:

ecarvalho

1add8a7c7ea26408196657796f2c2847.jpg

Press F.Sts. It's the last option

rogress

Something in the way this knob is programmed must be manipulating what shows up in Function Status. One of you said Monitor Mode was the 4th item (4th is Auto Keypad for me). The other reply shows it as the 5th item. 5th is "Fixed Alert" for me. None of the options under Function Status are Monitor Mode. Does this trunking system need to be programmed a certain way?

Currently I'm on the knob selection that has two talk groups, which are working.

Geneo516

G4 monitor mode

Hello all I've been having the same problem with monitor mode being greyed out. I've went under the pager configure and monitor mode is checked any ideas on what I can do to get this to work thanks.

tdeater

For the person with monitor mode greyed out, the latest firmware on the pager removed the monitor mode toggle functionality from the menu (but it still shows there greyed out). You now have to define a knob position for talkgroup monitor vs talkgroup scan. (I don't remember if that is exactly what it says, but it's something like that) Scan will listen to whatever talkgroups you put in the list on the knob, monitor does what the monitor mode did before. *Disclaimer, this is all from memory without having the software in front of me, but should point you in the right way. :)

JASII

Memory Capacity
Monitor Mode Greyed Out

I did the Firmware Update to V1.10 and the Monitor Mode is greyed out. Does anybody happen to know if that will return with a future update?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Mine is grayed out too. But I simply made sure to enter a wildcard in step 4 of the PPS by adding 65535 as a Talk-group. I have several Control channels set up for different counties and can hear ALL traffic that way. Named the Zone MONITOR MODE so it acts just like the mode grayed out. My guess is they'll enable it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.