Unable to Monitor Fairfax VA Station 3 McLean

Status
Not open for further replies.

paponte0

I Just started monitoring Fairfax County and noticed that i don't ever hear anything from Station 3 McLean (3 McLean (3/5) Dispatch ) Talkgroup 17232 are they are on a different talkgroup or on P25 ?

I would like to monitor Police Service Areas 330 & 340 specifically but am not sure how to distinguish..

Thank you.

freqhopping

McLean and Reston are usually patched together. Sometimes they'll be on the McLean channel and other times the Reston channel. Today they are on the Reston channel.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
McLean and Reston are usually patched together. Sometimes they'll be on the McLean channel and other times the Reston channel. Today they are on the Reston channel.

Is this still true?

I vaguely recall reading here that they changed which channels were patched together and that McLean D3 was now patched to I think Mason D4.

The reason I ask is that when I'm visiting family in McLean I lock out the other districts, but McLean has been deathly silent, even taking into account the relatively few voice transmissions now that they rely so heavily on their MDT.

I thought the 996XT handles patches correctly so I should hear activity on 3 and 5 both, but even with 5 unlocked I'm not hearing calls in McLean's patrol area.

Thanks.

freqhopping

Is this still true?

I vaguely recall reading here that they changed which channels were patched together and that McLean D3 was now patched to I think Mason D4.

The reason I ask is that when I'm visiting family in McLean I lock out the other districts, but McLean has been deathly silent, even taking into account the relatively few voice transmissions now that they rely so heavily on their MDT.

I thought the 996XT handles patches correctly so I should hear activity on 3 and 5 both, but even with 5 unlocked I'm not hearing calls in McLean's patrol area.

Thanks.

I haven't heard anything about changes to station pairing. I could just be that the new system sucks and is hard to receive. My Unidens show sufficient signal indoors most of the time yet I don't hear anything. My 396XT works great within the county when I'm outside though.

Status
Not open for further replies.