unable to pick up frequencies on SDR#

Status
Not open for further replies.

doughyi8u

I'm using SDR# and a Yaesu ft-2900R. I can pick up FM radio all day on SDR but can't pick up anything else. To troubleshoot, I tuned into a station on the ft-2900r 2 meter and tried tuning in to the same frequency on SDR and did not get any signal. The frequency that is coming in on the 2 meter is 162.400 (weather radio) in Fostoria, OH. I'm really clueless here.

Thanks for any help.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I'm using SDR# and a Yaesu ft-2900R. I can pick up FM radio all day on SDR but can't pick up anything else. To troubleshoot, I tuned into a station on the ft-2900r 2 meter and tried tuning in to the same frequency on SDR and did not get any signal. The frequency that is coming in on the 2 meter is 162.400 (weather radio) in Fostoria, OH. I'm really clueless here.

Thanks for any help.

1. Check the gain setting in SDR#. It appears in different places depending on whether one has an AirSpy or other SDR. If you do not see it, check under the cogwheel-like icon at the top.
2. Check your mode and make sure you are not trying to use WFM for 162.4.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
What antenna are you using? The one that comes with the USB stick SDR receiver... basically is worthless.

doughyi8u

I managed to pick up the same sound but the frequencies are different between the SDR and 2 meter radio. I guess the frequency correction (ppm) feature on SDR# is what I use to adjust this?

I'm also having trouble picking up TV stations. I went to the site:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_television_frequencies#Broadcast_television

And tuned into different stations w/o getting reception.

I have a 2 meter j pole antenna that I share between the 2 meter and SDR

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A lot of TV stations moved up the band after the 2009 migration. I would research the specific stations in your area, and check their operating frequencies by matching them against the channel number...many are using a DTV and audio type that isn't easy to decode.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.