Unable to reach Uniden Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridasand

Hello,

I just tried to update my database for my Uniden BCD536. It appears to go out and try and connect to the server but comes back with a error message that the server cannot be reached. Is the site down and does anyone else have this issue?

I attached a screen shot of the error message.

Thanks

Dana

Attachments

• Sentinel Server Error Message.jpg
    Sentinel Server Error Message.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 292

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I just tried to update my database for my Uniden BCD536. It appears to go out and try and connect to the server but comes back with a error message that the server cannot be reached. Is the site down and does anyone else have this issue?

I attached a screen shot of the error message.

Thanks

Dana
Are you on Sentinel version 2.00 02? If not, you need to upgrade to that.

Floridasand

Yes I am. However I also tried to do the same thing with my home patrol 2 receiver and got the same answer. If no one else is having this issue I may need to go to my ISP and see if for some reason a port is blocked.

Thanks for the reply

Hit_Factor

Could be your ISP. However, I suggest checking your firewall and making sure there is a rule to allow Sentinel through. If there is one, I would delete and then try again. Your firewall should ask you what to do if it's unrecognized.

I wish I could tell you which port, I just checked my Windows Defender Firewall and Sentinel was not listed. It might not need anything special.

Floridasand

I have never had any issues with Sentinel before. I am going to try another computer to see if that works. I already did a delete and reinstall and no difference. Very strange.. Never had any issues before and I don't have any issues with my virus software so it is a mystery. If you and everyone else can update the database and firmware on the Uniden server, then it must be totally at my end.

Thanks for the reply.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Odd, both my HomePatrol and x36HP Sentinel downloaded the database just fine.

Floridasand

okay. Thanks that what I needed to know. It for sure is localized to me now that I know you were able to do the HomePatrol and Sentinel.

Appreciate you checking.

Dana

Floridasand

Thanks for the link but I am not having issues with my firewall. I have never had any issues until today with firewalls or virus checkers. I am sure my isp Charter/Spectrum is or did do something prevent me from getting to the server. I have a Verizon MIFI and I am going to connect to it and see if I can reach the server. If I can then I have absolute proof it is the ISP.

Thanks for responding

Status
Not open for further replies.