Unable to receive aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimvm

My sds-200 stopped rcv on aircraft. I can see that it is scanning aircraft but no reception.
I can open the squelch to 0 setting and stop on a vhf freq, and there is no audio.
I can hear vhf and uhf am aircraft on my other scanners.
I have had use of my sds-200 for 3 years now and this problem just happened within the last weeks.
I formatted a spare 8 gb usd and used sentinel to copy the database. Problem still there!

Another problem I discovered, when the replay option is set to say 30 seconds, the scanner will
check every 2 seconds for something causing an annoying click in the audio. I have everything
turned off, priority, close call, wx scan, etc. By turning off the replay option, this stops.

Any help? Thanks for reading.

jim vm

jimvm

Scanning entire database using zip code and radius 10 miles.
Never used a favorites list.

Maybe it is something stored on the scanner flash that got changed. The new micro sd 8 gb
works ok.

Wonder if there is a way to reset the scanners flash. Hope the DMR license does not get reset!

jim vm

ps Gmclam please contact me.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Wonder if there is a way to reset the scanners flash. Hope the DMR license does not get reset!
Use the "Clear User Data" function in Sentinel to reset all programming and settings. There is nothing that the end user can do in the normal operation of the scanner (including a reset) that can erase or lose the upgrade registration in the scanner.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
On my 436 I set up a custom search 118.000-136.000 and labeled it "Airband"...maybe try doing this and see if you get any hits to rule out any programming issues with database/favorites settings?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I was going to comment but addressed in post 9. Check if modulation for airband is AM not Auto. Not familiar with internal filters on sds scanners but older models benefited from adding the fm trap to the antenna feed line.

wtp

auto just means it is left as default, which would be AM.
after double checking i see there is no auto for modulation, just step.
it can be changed, but not to auto.
FTM,
108.0000​
136.9916​
AM​
8.33​
Commercial Aircraft​

Last edited:

bobkbusch

I'm new here and just purchased a new SDS100 3 days ago. I ran into the "Unable to Receive Aircraft" issue immediately. After a bit of reading and much troubleshooting, I think there is an issue with the way Sentinel imports from the new RR 2.0 database. As I noted in the thread I linked to above, many (most?) of the analog Air Band frequencies import with an "Audio Option" tag of "Color Mode 0."

My understanding is that Color Mode 0 is for DMR digital frequencies. Since these are analog frequencies, the only way I've been able to listen to them is to create a Favorites List with these freqs., then edit the Audio Option and change the Audio Type from Digital to Analog (or All) which then changes the Audio Option tag from Color Mode 0 to Search. Then I can hear the frequencies.

Perhaps Uniden has not adapted the Sentinel import script to the new RR 2.0 database since it is only a month old. Perhaps I'm wrong - again, I'm very new at this.... :)

phask

Premium Subscriber
I'm new here and just purchased a new SDS100 3 days ago. I ran into the "Unable to Receive Aircraft" issue immediately. After a bit of reading and much troubleshooting, I think there is an issue with the way Sentinel imports from the new RR 2.0 database. As I noted in the thread I linked to above, many (most?) of the analog Air Band frequencies import with an "Audio Option" tag of "Color Mode 0."

My understanding is that Color Mode 0 is for DMR digital frequencies. Since these are analog frequencies, the only way I've been able to listen to them is to create a Favorites List with these freqs., then edit the Audio Option and change the Audio Type from Digital to Analog (or All) which then changes the Audio Option tag from Color Mode 0 to Search. Then I can hear the frequencies.

Perhaps Uniden has not adapted the Sentinel import script to the new RR 2.0 database since it is only a month old. Perhaps I'm wrong - again, I'm very new at this.... :)

I have no idea how you get a DMR option on AIR, I just created a Fav. List of the USAF Airfield and it looks fine, Now IMHO Audio type should be analog instead of search, but that works just fine. Nothing has changed, within the actual database, just the way it is diaplayed. The actual DATA is still the same.

Fav List

1656506883147.png

bobkbusch

I have no idea how you get a DMR option on AIR, I just created a Fav. List of the USAF Airfield and it looks fine, Now IMHO Audio type should be analog instead of search, but that works just fine. Nothing has changed, within the actual database, just the way it is diaplayed. The actual DATA is still the same.

Fav List

View attachment 123550
Odd, I just posted a response in the other thread and mine loads with a Color Code 0 in the Audio Option column. Not sure why yours loads correctly with Search...I'm hoping there is just a setting I'm missing somewhere. I'm using the latest database...

DudleyG

Premium Subscriber
The problem began with the Sentinel update that occurred on 06/19/2022 and also the latest update on 06/26/2022 has the problem.

If you have an older version of the Sentinel database on your computer, DON'T UPDATE unless you want the problem. The date of the database is in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. This problem affects DB and/or Zipcode scanning as well as creating Favorites lists.

Proscan also imports the wrong data in these cases but Bob (of Proscan) says he should have the fix installed in a few days to correct how he reads the RR database.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The problem began with the Sentinel update that occurred on 06/19/2022 and also the latest update on 06/26/2022 has the problem.

Just another reason why I do not update the database weekly on my main pc.

test f.jpg

phask

Premium Subscriber

If you have an older version of the Sentinel database on your computer, DON'T UPDATE unless you want the problem. The date of the database is in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. This problem affects DB and/or Zipcode scanning as well as creating Favorites lists.

Proscan also imports the wrong data in these cases but Bob (of Proscan) says he should have the fix installed in a few days to correct how he reads the RR database.

OK - NOW I see an explanation...

How do youu tag Blanton?

Status
Not open for further replies.