TRX-1: Unable to recieve audio on TRX1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbones54

I've recently purchased a TRX1 scanner and went through the EXscanner download software and still can't seem to get anything to come over the audio. Anything new or updates that I need to know about?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Are the scanlists and scan sets selected? Is it programmed with the correct type frequencies (IE system or conventional, DMR, P25, NXDN)?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Please clarify...is it scanning?

if so does it pick up NOAA weather?

If not you may have a broken scanner antenna jack solder connection or it could be the stock antenna which is junk for most.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Mine doesn't do that, volume is controlled by up/down keys

Bigbones54

Are the scanlists and scan sets selected? Is it programmed with the correct type frequencies (IE system or conventional, DMR, P25, NXDN)?
Yes, I actually had the Whistler tech walk me through the whole Ezscanner software selection process twice! And still couldn’t get anything over the scanner. The tech told me about this forum to try and see if anyone in Honolulu was having the same problem I was experiencing...pretty bummed and about to return the scanner. Any other suggestions??

Bigbones54

Please clarify...is it scanning?

if so does it pick up NOAA weather?

If not you may have a broken scanner antenna jack solder connection or it could be the stock antenna which is junk for most.
It is scanning. Do you own a TRX1? If so do you live in Honolulu?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
No, I own a Trx-2, I do not live in your area, see if the scanner pick up noaa by pressing the wx button. if it doesn't try a different antenna, if you don'y have a different antenna remove the stock one and try a partially straightened out metal paperclip in the center hole of the scanners antenna jack. Then try to get NOAA again.

N8IAA

Yes, I actually had the Whistler tech walk me through the whole Ezscanner software selection process twice! And still couldn’t get anything over the scanner. The tech told me about this forum to try and see if anyone in Honolulu was having the same problem I was experiencing...pretty bummed and about to return the scanner. Any other suggestions??

If you are trying to monitor the Honolulu Police, your scanner will not decode EDACS ProVoice. If it is something else, please let us know what you have programmed into the scanner.
Larry

Bigbones54

It scans picks up weather with heavy static but still nothing else...I have HFD/HPD/EMS activated but nothing for those. Does anyone have similar issues? I’m about ready to repack and return the scanner.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
It scans picks up weather with heavy static but still nothing else...I have HFD/HPD/EMS activated but nothing for those. Does anyone have similar issues? I’m about ready to repack and return the scanner.
Try a different antenna. the stock antenna is JUNK.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Try this:

Go to main menu
Scroll down to Set Location press SEL
Scroll down to Zip Code
Put in your Zip Code
Select OK
Select Service types- Default Types
Really do import operation? - Sel= Yes

After everything is imported it might say Save changes Select YES
Go into " SCANLISTS" and check every category. Law dispatch fire dispatch hospitals etc...

Go back to main menu

Go down to SCANSETS and check the number 1 box

Then go back and select Scan and see what happens.

If this works deselect all categories you don't want to listen to but don't touch SCANSETS, just leave #1 box checked in SCANSETS.

Make sure not to confuse SCANSETS with SCANLISTS

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Yes and antenna can "wake" up a scanner, it can also not be what you need.

You buy an antenna based on the frequencies you want to monitor.

Remtronix makes some good ones as do many other companies. tell us what frequencies you want to monitor, how far away you are from the systems and if there are any mountains or tall building in between you and the transmitters. Use the the database in RR to research.

Also with any antenna on the scanner reception in a car can be poor as can inside a home with metal roof, siding etc. you need the right antenna for the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.