Unable to Update Account Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I'm trying to add my ham call letters to my Account Info. After entering the updated information the system tells me the email is already in use. I know it is - it's mine. Tried adding name, city, etc. Same result. Tried adding data after erasing my email info. Same thing.

Probably simple fix, but I'm stuck!

Another related question: Will the Amateur Radio logo appear on my posts once the call is in the database or is there something in addition I need do?

Tnx,
Jack

SCPD

QRT
Thinking the problem may have been with IE8, I tried Firefox Mozelle. Exactly the same.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Jack

QDP2012

I'm not sure exactly why you are having problems. When I use IE8 to enter my callsign into my main profile (using the "Login" at the very top edge of the screen), it immediately updates my forum-profile with the Ham Radio Badge, without any problem. (I undid this after successfully testing it.)

Two thoughts come to mind:
  • You probably already know this, but there is no way to directly add the Call Sign to the Forum-profile (such that it would show the Amateur Badge). You have to add it through the main profile if you want the badge to be displayed. Otherwise, you can list your callsign in your footer/signature block, if you wanted to.

• Have you checked other ham-callsign-lookup sites to make sure the callsign is considered valid?

One site you could check is:
    Univ. of Arkansas Amateur Radio Club - US Amateur Radio Call Sign Lookup

Enter your callsign in the first field, and click "Perform Search".

Hope this helps.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the reply. The problem must be at my end for some reason. The page you linked to is the same place I have been using to try to update. I plug my call (WA2OLZ) into the appropriate spot, click Save and the "The email address you specified is already in use" message pops up.

Since it worked for you, it must be my ususal good fortune - not!

QDP2012

Just to see what would happen, I tried your callsign in my profile. I got the message "Another user has already specified this callsign as theirs."

So, I don't think the callsign is the problem. I would investigate the email-address part of your profile, and see if something there might be correctable.

Hope this helps,

teekay989

I'm experiencing the same problem. When I try to enter my call, N4RNI, i also get the message "Another user has already specified this callsign as theirs". And yes my call is valid and current.

Qwerse

Probably simple fix, but I'm stuck!

I'm trying to add my ham call letters to my Account Info. After entering the updated information the system tells me the email is already in use. I know it is - it's mine. Tried adding name, city, etc. Same result. Tried adding data after erasing my email info. Same thing.

Another related question: Will the Amateur Radio logo appear on my posts once the call is in the database or is there something in addition I need do?

Status
Not open for further replies.