Unable to upload favorites to 436

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas1263

I was receiving no transmissions on my 436 at all so I put a new card in after discovering my old one was apparently corrupt. I have formatted the new one and attempted to upload my favorite list to no avail. Although it shows the process of uploading the list never makes it to the scanner. I am able to use the nation wide scanning ability with no problem. I am using Sentinel and Windows 10. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
You formatted the card through Sentinel?

What exactly happens when you choose "Write to scanner" Do you receive any prompts that the favorites list is different on the scanner? If you create a new Sentinel file (making sure to save the file with your favorites lists first!) and then choose "Read From Scanner" is nothing downloaded back to Sentinel?

Last edited:

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to do the basics.

This is assuming you did format the card in the radio.
If you didn't - do so first.
(Scanner / clear user data)

Note: you can also do the below via a card reader (vs the radio) AFTER you do the above.

When you plug in the radio via USB cable, do you get a push "E" or "."?
If yes - and pushed E, does the radio show up as another drive in Win Explorer.
(normally, it just pops up - Win 10 anyway)

In Sentinel, wait until you know the computer has mounted the scanner.
Then, click scanner / write to scanner.
In the next window, do you see your scanner?
Did you click all the boxes?

When you click OK, it then writes to the radio.
You get a completed pop up and you should be good.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you created your own favorites list from scratch, the System Type defaults to Custom 1. If that is the case, go to the Edit tab and click on Edit Profile. Click on the Service Types tab and select Custom 1. Make sure that you have the service types enabled for whatever the tags are on your talkgroups and conventional frequencies. Also, make sure that both Download and Monitor are turned on for your favorites list in the profile. Download will send it to your scanner. It will be locked out in the scanner is Monitor is not turned on.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just as a note of clarity here for the OP.....

Using the Sentinel "clear user data" function does not perform any kind of actual formatting on the card. It writes the necessary operating files and database to a card that has already been properly formatted.

If a card needs actual formatting (always a good idea for starting fresh), downloading and using this program is recommended.

kas1263

The computer recognizes the scanner when attached. I have cleared all the data from the card through the clear user data. Then I uploaded two files to the scanner. When I go to select scanner selection I get two options, Full data base and Search with scan. I am able to scan the full data base and when I put my zip code in, however I do not see my two lists I attempted to upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.