Unanswered Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry52

Has anyone come up an answer as to why the Uniden Home patrol does not receive for some of us unlucky souls? (No Sound) I get white noise when I turn the squelch down but that's all I get. I have tried resetting the unit, tried using only a favorite list and had my old scanner on next to my new one. The old one has no problem picking up my channels. The one thing I have noticed is the signal strength meter does nothing. The frequencies are there I turned off the atten and set the squelch to showing only 2 bars and cranked up the volume just in case. I am retired and on a fixed income. It took me a year just to save to buy a refurbished one, so i can't afford to just take it somewhere to have them look at it. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Larry

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it was purchased from Uniden as a refurb, then it carries a warranty. The description would indicate a repair issue (assuming you've already tried a different antenna to rule out antenna fault).

BillVette

Have you selected the proper services? I looked up Northumberland county and you will need to select ems dispatch, ems talk. Fire dispatch and fire talk. For police, emergency ops, law talk, law dispatch, interop, and law tac. I wish I was closer to you to give you a hand. Bill

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Sounds like an antenna problem to me too. Same problem happened to me - threw the existing antenna in the trash and put an aftermarket one on it, and never had a problem since.

larry52

Thanks!

A big "Thank You" to all of you who tried to help with my HOMEPATROL scanner. It's nice to see people helping people. I was able to talk to the shop where I had purchased it and they are willing to send me a replacement unit once they receive the old one. All in all it turned out to be a good day.
Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.