Unauthorized "Gumball" road rally across Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I just heard a BOLO on the Pope County frequency about the Arkansas Gumball road rally, which is an illegal and unauthorized road rally across the state. The dispatcher said that the rally drivers are travelling in large groups of high performance vehicles, driving at high rates of speed and running other drivers off of the roads intentionally. At this moment (11:50AM Sunday 6/12) they are leaving Pope county and entering Yell county.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Heard something about it yesterday, but here it was more like "just for your info these folks may be coming through, it's a rally traveling the state." Instead of a bolo. I never saw them or heard anything else though.

wbswetnam

Perry County rural fire just got paged out to a motorcycle accident on the route they were following so at least one stopped himself, apparently.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Evidently there's a Gumball rally of sorts here in Northern Illinois too! A county to my north just reported 15-20 high performance cars on I-39 north. :) 73, n9zas

SCPD

QRT
That happened near Minneapolis on I-394 in April. What was amazing is a lone State Patrol officer pulled over several of them at a time. They were all cited with a mandatory court appearance for speeding in excess of 110 mph and reckless driving. A couple of them had several speeding, and reckless driving already on their records. I believe their cases are still pending and they could have killed someone doing this kind of crap. DPS should suspend their drivers license for a while.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yell County. Marshall Cogburn will get them. He's got grit.

SCPD

QRT
NMSP loves the microwave duplex comm setup during these. You won't hear the dispatch on most of the rural highways and have to literally be close for a unit if your lucky with a really decent antenna. Only one video of a old gum ball rally had a guy with a scanner and he only had a short bit of it in video when the unit got close. Now days most will use the mdt for these information bolos/ location replies and only reply over air if in pursuit or after a crotch bandit having the cam tilted toward the right getting all the plates he passes for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.