UNC Lifeflight 800 MHz Frequency

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The database lists a 800 MHz frequency for UNC Lifeflight dispatch. Does anyone know if this is still in use, and if so, is it local to Chapel Hill or does it go through multiple areas?

855.2125810.2125WNKA641RM179.9 PLLIFEFLIGHTLife Flight HelicopterFMEMS Dispatch

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, I used to work for the Durham VA Medical Center in Durham about 7 years ago and I know that at the time it was active. I am near Edenton and too far to confirm it where I am.

JSteel

Premium Subscriber
The database lists a 800 MHz frequency for UNC Lifeflight dispatch. Does anyone know if this is still in use, and if so, is it local to Chapel Hill or does it go through multiple areas?

855.2125810.2125WNKA641RM179.9 PLLIFEFLIGHTLife Flight HelicopterFMEMS Dispatch

This may be on VIPER now; I'll hear a UNC helo talking with dispatch on VIPER TG 52340 every so often (and coming to/departing from the hospital here in Holly Springs on occasion). I haven't monitored the 800MHz freqs, but I might plug 'em in and give them a listen.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This may be on VIPER now; I'll hear a UNC helo talking with dispatch on VIPER TG 52340 every so often (and coming to/departing from the hospital here in Holly Springs on occasion). I haven't monitored the 800MHz freqs, but I might plug 'em in and give them a listen.
They are definitly on VIPER but most of the Med Air have analog backups, whether they are still used is the question. And, if they are it won't be often.

reconrider8

if im not mistaken one of the rules of viper if they require agencies to have a backup system as a failsafe. so they more then likely do still have the analog channels but never use them as they just serve as a backup

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Med Center Air still frequently uses VHF 155.325 PL 91.5. They are busy with birds based in the Charlotte, Concord, Wadesboro, and Rock Hill area.