Undecided on Nano VNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

I would like to buy a Nano VNA, BUT there are so many versions and CLONES out there that I can't tell the forest from the trees! My needs would be very basic, such as SWR analysis, etc.

Therefore, one of the larger and more expensive models would not be needed.

Can any of you HAMS out there give me some words of wisdom or suggestions, please?

Thanks,

Jerry AB5R

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I went with a NanoVNA-F V2. Hangzhou SYSJOINT Information Technology Co., Ltd

They're in the $100 dollar range and available from various sources. They're one of the higher end VNAs. Comes with things like a 4.3 inch screen, full aluminum case and a 5000 mA battery good for 7 hours operating time. They're fully supported. The latest Firmware is only 4 months old and there's currently a beta version in development.

tbzep

Dazed and Confused
Premium Subscriber
I've got a NanoVNA-H4 v4.2 ordered. It should be here early next week. It's currently $89 from R&L plus shipping or $98 from Amazon and free shipping...works out about the same.

I'm decent with computers (Debian based Linux flavors mostly), but have very little knowledge beyond the basics on antennas. I expect it to be a long but interesting learning curve.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I expect it to be a long but interesting learning curve.

I bought a similar one about 2 years ago. I also have access to the high end stuff at work.
The learning curve on the NanoVNA isn't too bad. It's a good little tool for what it is and what it costs.
There are -some- good tutorials on the youtubes, and there are a ton of bad tutorials, also.
Finding the good ones can be a challenge, but if you watch a few, you'll catch on easily.

tbzep

Dazed and Confused
Premium Subscriber
I bought a similar one about 2 years ago. I also have access to the high end stuff at work.
The learning curve on the NanoVNA isn't too bad.
You have a background in electronics if you have high end stuff at work. ;)
All of my electronics experience is self taught. I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others. :cool:

tbzep

Dazed and Confused
Premium Subscriber
Actually the NanoVNA V2 PLUS4 is the newest:
That's a little to expensive for me to take a chance on considering I've never heard of Tindie or Taobao, and I may not even be smart enough to figure out the one I've got since most of my electronics/physics knowledge is self taught and would fit in a thimble. o_O

Dirk_SDR

That's a little to expensive for me to take a chance on considering I've never heard of Tindie or Taobao, and I may not even be smart enough to figure out the one I've got since most of my electronics/physics knowledge is self taught and would fit in a thimble. o_O
Same here. I have a NanoVNA 1st generation and now ordered a V2 PLUS4. Hope I manage to measure with it ... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.