Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeh

i been told that the new frimwhere update for the bcd396t
that there will a download charge
is this ture.

mike

pogbobo

not for this firmware update coming out soon, after that its a *maybe* ...

(can we lock this now before it goes downhill again ....)

edit:

quote from the original anouncement by UPMan
As we create new firmware loads for your scanner, we sometimes use information licensed to us by third parties. For those updates, we need to keep careful track of which scanners do and don’t include the update. We might also need to charge for some of these updates in the future, but don’t worry, I’ll make sure that any for-pay update has features you’ll be glad to pay for. Oh, and this first major update is free!

Last edited:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
mikeh said:
i been told that the new frimwhere update for the bcd396t
that there will a download charge
is this ture.

mike
NO!!!!! Review the other threads on this subject.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
And some people thought it was crazy to think the RR rumormill would get going over this...

rankin39

"We might also need to charge for some of these updates in the future, but don’t worry, I’ll make sure that any for-pay update has features you’ll be glad to pay for. Oh, and this first major update is free!"

Here, little girl, sniff this white powder! Don't you feel good? But don't you worry about a thing, the first snort is absolutely FREE!
Bob

monitorman

rankin39 said:
"We might also need to charge for some of these updates in the future, but don’t worry, I’ll make sure that any for-pay update has features you’ll be glad to pay for. Oh, and this first major update is free!"

Here, little girl, sniff this white powder! Don't you feel good? But don't you worry about a thing, the first snort is absolutely FREE!
Bob

You mean we've been had? played for a chump? and are hopelessly addicted to these things until they bleed us dry and ruin our lives, wandering the streets hopelessly clinging to our 396 yearning to receive any signal but alas, we only hear static because we spent all our Ben Franklins just to buy this damn curse and dont have any Abe Lincoln's left to pay for an update! I feel so cheap. :(

RPSINFOMAN

I think this is a good thing! Would you rather them drop support for the product and market another model leaving the 996T in the dust? I would be glad to pay for further feature enhancments and performence improvements in lieu of purchasing another box. The fact is electronics have a limited market shelf life before being phased out and replaced with new models. Thats just business. I think Unidens commitment to continuing product support and firmware revisions speaks for itself!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Please see the previous thread (a sticky right at the top of this forum); however, please keep the jocularity to a minimum in the thread.

This one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.