Undercover surveillance on MAC11 LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

It's 12:40 on Thursday July 5th, and I'm picking up what sounds like a surveillance operation on MAC 11 LE. They're following a vehicle through Batesville.

bpckty1

And, one wonders why PDs are going encrypted or MotoTRBO.
Certain types of comms should be kept to oneself and not
mentioned, or, if mentioned, wait a day or two after the last
transmissions have ceased. This is both for officer and
citizen safety, as well as protecting the investigation.

bpckty1

I didn't mean to shut you up. Just remember to use discretion when posting about what you hear.
Most comms are OK, but sensitive comms should be reported later, and not location specific.

iamhere300

Come on. He posted that an operation is happening in Batesville during a certain time. By the time anyone would have seen that post, they would have been far out of Batesville.

I see nothing wrong with the limited amount of information posted.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Come on. He posted that an operation is happening in Batesville during a certain time. By the time anyone would have seen that post, they would have been far out of Batesville.

I see nothing wrong with the limited amount of information posted.

And, to add to this, I personally think if it is that sensitive or they want it kept that confidential they shouldn't be using a MAC channel to operate... :D

I heard the same and always think the same...the folks they are after could easily listen in if they wanted to...

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
Likely using MAC if pursuing suspect through multiple counties so all needed agencies along the way can communicate. Wouldn't think they are on MAC for privacy reasons.

It's a good idea to keep the MAC talk groups in your scanner. Any kind of major event requiring cooperation with multiple agencies will use MAC.

A car might be fast, but it won't outrun a Motorola.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.