Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups - Beginning Oct 21,2019 - Info Permanently Removed December 14,2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
If anyone needs any scanner files(PDF,Firmware,Files,Photos, Old helpful scanner emails, etc) from any yahoogroups. Go save them soon.

Yahoo Groups will no longer allow users to upload content - Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups, when the changes happen, and how to keep your important content.

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site.
Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed.
You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

What features will go away?
* Files
* Polls
* Links
* Photos
* Folders
* Calendar
* Database
* Attachments
* Conversations
* Email Updates
* Message Digest
* Message History

What will happen to the site?
The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be made private or restricted.
Any new group members will need to request an invite or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be able to manage various group settings, though some functionality will be limited.

More details on this page...
* What will happen on October 21st?
* How can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?
* Will I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Other sites that's available to use:

Groups.io

Easy Group Transfer - Move your Yahoo or Google Group to Groups.io
Link:

Introducing Groups.io
SEPTEMBER 23, 2014 BY MARK FLETCHER

Groups.io Update
MARCH 17, 2015 BY MARK FLETCHER

Mark Fletcher On September 23, 2014 Fletcher launched Groups.io in beta.
Previously, Fletcher started the free mailing list service ONElist. ONElist merged with eGroups, which was later acquired by Yahoo! in June 2000 and is now called Yahoo! Groups.

Saw a bump in transfers from Yahoo Groups to @groupsio today.
Turns out Yahoo is shutting down most aspects of Groups.

Google Groups
Link: Google Groups

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I will bet a lot of groups will move to groups.io or Google. This action by Yahoo has been a long time coming. Fortunately I don't belong to many Yahoo groups anymore....Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just a reminder - as of 14 December, Yahoo groups will no longer host any files, photos, etc. on their Yahoo groups reflectors. Expect them to be gone after this date. So if you want something out of a group's files area, do it NOW.

Remember Yahoo groups is NOT going away - but any valuable files, etc. stored there are. Go get 'em while you can...Mike

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
New deadline for Yahoo Groups data request

In recent weeks, Yahoo Groups communicated the latest changes to Yahoo Groups and explained how to request a download of any content you’ve previously posted to the platform. Some Groups users asked us for more time, and in response to these requests, we have decided to extend the deadline. Groups users now have until Friday, January 31, 2020 at 11:59pm PST to submit a request for their data.

We have now taken down all user content from the Yahoo Groups website. However, we will continue to accept users’ requests for their data until January 31, 2020, and will ensure these have been fulfilled prior to deleting the data.

For additional support, users can email YahooGroupsEscalations@verizonmedia.com and our team will troubleshoot any issues.

Best,
The Yahoo Groups team

Status
Not open for further replies.