Understanding 2 tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben96cal

I'm new to the whole idea of translating 2 tone and putting them into a scanner like the bct-15. Are all or most non trunk systems 2 tone? I know Cal fire is 2 tone obviously but are most others that are VHF and UHF 2 tone also. I'd like to start getting a comprehensive list going of all the municipalities in Northern and central Ca that are 2 tone and all their 2 tones broken down for input.

Thanks In advance

Ben96cal

re: FTO's

Fire tone outs.. I found a bunch in the wiki's but would like to get a comprehensive list for Norcal, bay area and cencal..

kma371

QRT
So are you trying to figure out how to decode them?

I'm not certain what you are trying to do...

karldotcom

I think comprehensive lists are are frowned upon....so you dont tone out the fire station down the street in the middle of the night.

I liked the 2 tone capability for Burbank, but then they switched to digital trunking so that was the end of that.

kma371

QRT
Nope, looking for a comprehensive list of them.

There is some in DB for Yolo County, but I don't think anyone has tried to get a list going for Bay Area/Central Valley.

i tried to get something going for San Joaquin County, but didn't have the time.

Ben96cal

re: 2 tones

Does anyone have experience with that 2 tone detector software made by comtekk that is advertised on scannermaster? I have access to audio recordings for most of the state but not a lot of time to dive into them to grab the tones and decifer

kma371

QRT
Does anyone have experience with that 2 tone detector software made by comtekk that is advertised on scannermaster? I have access to audio recordings for most of the state but not a lot of time to dive into them to grab the tones and decifer

I have the program. Works good for me but I didn't have the time to monitor.

NorCalrescue

Premium Subscriber
Not a real good idea to post 2-tone lists because it's very easy to send these over RF and alert fire station personnel, open gates, Knox boxes, tie-up radio frequencies, etc.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Not a real good idea to post 2-tone lists because it's very easy to send these over RF and alert fire station personnel, open gates, Knox boxes, tie-up radio frequencies, etc.
I think that's just a bit paranoid.

There's already a lot of two-tone information out there. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about, though now you've probably given some people ideas. :lol:

Eng74

I don't think the problem isn't the public but other firefighters. I might have heard somethings on night ops happening to some stations. I know of some MDT's that could set of other stations quick calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.