Understanding Bearcat 125 Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrfleck

Premium Subscriber
I just got my scanner today and have the frequencies programmed that I want to use. So far I am only using 2 banks but anticipate using up to 3. On the screen it says BANK 2 at the top. The bottom line reflects 1 2 (which is flashing) 3 4 5 6 8 9 0. What does this bottom line mean? I feel like the fact that it says BANK 2 at the top means that it is only scanning bank 2. At most I will want it to scan banks 1, 2 and 3. Can someone put this in simple terms for me how to ensure that I am actually scanning all three of these banks? The instruction book is not all that helpful with this. Thank you!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Try this;
While scanning try pushing one of the bank numbers you are NOT using... that number should now disappear from the bottom of the screen. Repeat this for all banks not used and they should also blink out. To turn any of the backs back on, simply press the corresponding number and that bank should reappear at the bottom of the screen. It simply toggles the bank on and off. Push it once and the bank goes off. Push it again and the bank comes back.

While I am not familiar with this model, and could be all wet, it’s worth a try as it only takes as long as it takes to push a button to see if it works. Remember, do this while the radio is scanning.

PriorMike

The bottom line of bank numbers tells you which banks are active for scanning, and that number will flash when that bank is being scanned.

The upper bank display also shows what bank the scanner is on as it scans. If you have more than one bank enabled you can watch it cycle through the bank numbers.

Scan125

If you want you can try my free/charity ware Scan125 Control Program. Not only can you program the scanner banks/channels you can have full real-time control of the scanner complete with logging and audio recording. The User Manual people have also found to be good for better understanding the scanner.

Scan125 Control Program

wrfleck

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all! Your help was much better than that provided in the instruction manual. Everything seems to be working great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.