understanding dsdplus fastlane monitoring window

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Trying to understand this software. Everything seem to be up and running. I did my frequency file, site file , group file, etc. I try several of my many controll channel , in the fmp24 cc file. ( I am working with two dongle, i prefer too) I know I has to wait on some channels to come in , but i have try different time during the day. My other two window shown no data like bee00, con, cap, etc.ALL four window are up and running. I even try and use a nexedge frequency someone show me. I also try different antennas, I get good signals showing on monitor. Should i be opening other file with it ?. I thought i was so close getting going.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 89

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@sun while the photos are very small I do not see your FMP24 file open.

Have you created your FMP24 bat file? Typically you open the FMP24.bat file and then the DSD batch file.
Which version of DSD are you using DSD or DSD+ FL?
Have you read through the notes.txt file in the DSD folder?

There is a lot you don't share that are important parts of the puzzle.

sun

Yes, the Fmp24 (CC) first, Then open , the C bat file or you could use 1r batch file. for the other two window open FMP24vc , Then vc bat file. I am using dsdplus fastlane. Read through the note text can not count how many times, I also reading through most of the forum, and research on line. That why I am asking for help , I am stumped. I am not giving up yet.

BM82557

Here's what batch files looked like for when I used 2 dongles, worked fine but I prefer 1 receiver mode and use it all the time now. Use this as an example and make whatever changes you need for your specific situation --

:FMP24-CC.bat:
FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -v50 -g15.0 -s0 -_3 -u1 -b9.5 -f460.16250

:CC.bat:
DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -f1 -o0 -_3 -F7 -v1 -E -e -T >>CC.log

:FMP24-VC.bat:
FMP24 -rv -i2 -o20002 -v50 -g18.0 -_3 -u1 -b9.5

:VC.bat:
DSDPlus -rv -i20002 -f1 -o0 -u12 -_7 -I60 -F8 -v1 -E -e -T -OS C:\Recordings\DSDPLUS\P25_Berkeley_County\BCP25.mp3 >>VC.log

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I too prefer to use one RTL-SDR dongle for my DSDPlus Fastlane setup. Here is an example of a batch file:

Start CMD /c dsdplus
Start CMD /c FMP24.exe -o20001 -P00.0 -f151.9850 -g14.4

edweirdFL

I use 2 Airspys with one for the control channel and the other for the voice channel. Here's the contents of the batch file I use to start everything up.

Code:
START FMPA.exe -rc -o20001 -b9.5
START DSDPlus.exe -rc -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i20001 -wel0.0 -wsl450.0 -wcl420.0 -wss200.300 -wsp100 -wes400.600 -weh15 -wch15
START FMPA.exe -rv -o20002
START DSDPlus.exe -rv -i20002 -o1

sun

ROam3r Thank for your help, I did try it your way, I get more error indicating FMP link -5 {Server not listening on selected link] Another window same thing , but with -7. I have a question ,do you need to record ,if that the case maybe that the problems, i do not think i have a mp3 on my computer.i do have a Pwav. I been on this thing for weeks. I did get it decoding one time,but there were no voice monitoring on the other window. Not giving up. THANK you BM82557, i might have to use one dongle, if i can not figure it out.

sun

I use 2 Airspys with one for the control channel and the other for the voice channel. Here's the contents of the batch file I use to start everything up.

Code:
START FMPA.exe -rc -o20001 -b9.5
START DSDPlus.exe -rc -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i20001 -wel0.0 -wsl450.0 -wcl420.0 -wss200.300 -wsp100 -wes400.600 -weh15 -wch15
START FMPA.exe -rv -o20002
START DSDPlus.exe -rv -i20002 -o1
I thank you for your help. I try your way and it is saying[ R820T } PLL not locked for 4445000Hz, there are a few of them,

edweirdFL

The FMPA.exe is only for use with the Airspy SDRs.
FMP and now FMP24 are used for the RTL SDRs.

What you see is that some folks like me have two instances of the programs launching, one with -rc and one with -rv each using a unique port number for the connection. We are using one radio to sit on the control channel, and one for the voice channel.

Other folks who want to use a single SDR only launch 1 copy of FMPA (or the program that supports their SDR), 1 copy of DSDPLus, and only need a single port. They use a -r1 parameter instead of -rc and -rv

sun

Yes I do understand . I like to try to use both sdr dongle, that is why I open using the 4 files needed to get it start, It could be one problem or may serveral problems , why it will not work. I did have it working once ,but the voice monitoring window just sat idle. I will keep pluggin. I do thank you for your help.

edweirdFL

If using 2 radios, it is normal for the voice monitoring window to be idle until the control channel sees an active talkgroup and directs it to tune to it's broadcast.

sun

I finally found the issue with Fmp24 cc.bat and cc.bat file not working . It was in the event main window, so those two window are working good. {using 2 sdr dongle , I prefer to} The Fmp24 vc and vac.bat. file are up and running , and in a idle position. I try for days now using different frequencies,and just monitoring. There is no reaction whether in a voice or screen opening. The Fmp24 vc window,is not following the frequencies.It's just sitting at f.o.ooooo.

sun

I just been pluggin in frequencies and sitting on them and monitoring them,for days now. nexedge; con, cap, phase1 and two {i know they do not follow trunking]{in futurer will be setting up unitrunker]. The monitoring two window are working properly, If I turn on the monitoring volume in the event mirror, the monitoring will pick up the voice,so i know it is working ,I prefer the two dongle .

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
For Nexedge, Connect+/CapacityPlus/CapacityMax/Tier III DMR.... do you have all the frequencies populated?

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is much easier if you keep staying with one thread. That way people can understand what you have tried so far.
Other than the two postage stamp screenshots in the first thread, you haven't given any real info about what you have tried.

I think it is much easier to get DSDPlus running with one SDR then go on to the more complicated setups. Also, there is only the one menu to deal with.
Many of the parameters work with the default settings. To see those and have something you can mark up, I suggest printing the Help options

Open Notepad and type the following:
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_help.txt
Save it as a batch file by saving it as "DSDPlus Print Help File.bat". To do this click File, Save As, type in the file name being sure to add the .bat extension. Then click Save As Type and choose All Files. Then click Save. You want this file in the DSDPlus folder. Then double click to run it and print the resulting file.
Repeat it by creating a FMP24 help file
FMP24 -h >FMP24_help.txt

When you look at the file, the Options show the default with brackets [ ]
For example, the input for FMP24 is:
-i0 Use the first available SDR [-i0]
So you don't need to add this to the batch file as it is the default setting.

Once you get the program running, use the Menu options to make changes. You can also use the shortcut keys as shown in the Help.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.