Understanding Entering Data Into Pro2096 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok another question. This time on trunking and banks. It has appeared to me that you can not run P-25, conventional, and trunking all in the same bank. i know thw manual says you can only run 1 trunking in a single bank but from some of the files I've loaded and looked at to see how things are formated all trunked frequencies and lists are by themselves taking up about 6-8 channels with 800 mhz freqs and of course the list. but that is all, no 150.000 and so on. They are in another bank.

Am I correct in my theory?

Thanks
Bill

SCPD

QRT
yes you can mix conventional & trunked in same bank. P25 is Trunked. I have the hand held Pro 96

N8IAA

yes you can mix conventional & trunked in same bank. P25 is Trunked. I have the hand held Pro 96
The only problem with doing this, is that the scanner will stay on an active frequency longer ( be it a CC, or, the conventional channel). Thus, you might miss what is going on. The main reason for having a VHF conventional channel in the bank is to separate two trunking systems. Again, refer to my first sentence. This is one way those who want to monitor more than ten trunking systems have their radios set up to operate.
Larry

DELCOLHFC

OK so you can run conv and trunk. But only one trunk setup per bank if I understand correctly?

Bill,
You CAN have two of the same type trunked systems in the same bank (must both be 'MOT') EDACS can have only one per bank. BUT I would avoid doing this if at all possible. First they should be (the control channels) separated by a conventional freqency (has been debated here many many times) and if the two systems have any talkgroups with common ID's you will get 'cross traffic' for lack of a better term. If system A has TalkGroup # 12345 assigned to the Police dispatch (that you want to listen to) and on system B TalkGroup #12345 is assigned to the Dog catcher (that you don't want to listen to) you are stuck with either having to hear all the dog catchers adventures along with the police dispatches or none of either one. If you can put the trunked systems in different banks of course all this can be avoided by setting it to monitor only your chosen TG's.
I hope this helps some....
Tom

N8IAA

OK so you can run conv and trunk. But only one trunk setup per bank if I understand correctly?

Do you have more than ten trunking systems that you wish to monitor?? Otherwise, it isn't neccessary to combine those systems into one bank. As mentioned above, it can get cornfuzing:))
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.