Understanding Fairfax Fire Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

leel

Premium Subscriber
Can someone help me understand how Fairfax County has their fire talkgroups setup ? I have the database listing but I am interested in only listing to certain stations in my area.

It appears that dispatching is sent to all stations and that once they get on scene they can switch to a talkgroup/channel for that incident. Is this correct ?

Are the stations broken up by district or zone of some kind that would allow me to listen to Herndon and Reston only ?

Lee

dtscho

Database Admin
No, you're not going to be able to switch to a talkgroup that would allow you to listen to only those areas. Fire calls for the whole county are dispatched on 4A. The response (for a "routine" incident) is on 4B. For larger incidents, units switch to the other incident channels--starting with 4C. Hope this helps.

Dave

russ410

Premium Subscriber
Hello,Can you tell me what stations you want to listen too? I am a Vol.fireman in fxco. We have only one disp channel and one response channel. Russ

Towpro

russ410 said:
Hello,Can you tell me what stations you want to listen too? I am a Vol.fireman in fxco. We have only one disp channel and one response channel. Russ

He was wanting to be able to only listen to Reston/Herndon area 1st due response.

Like Dave said, you can't break it down by areas/talk groups, like you can on the police side.

p.s....hey Russ, you used to work @ a towing co. in Fairfax....???? I know who you are....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.