understanding phase 1 for ppl with learning disabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
so I have a learning disability. this new phase 1 is totally out of my league! there are talk groups and I just want to know my frequencies to punch in so I can listen to the cops because I have a lot of clowns in my apartment complex that want to cause trouble. is it safe for me or my family to go out side? idk because my scanner wont work. do I need to strap on my gun because ppl want to act stupid I still don't know because my scanner wont work so I am going to strap it on anyway. someone please help! I live in mesa Arizona and need to know what frequency to type in for gilbert mesa all I'm hearing is static on my end. ph257aa undine bearcat trunked 2 tracker 300 channel 12 band radio scanner. gilbert pd would be great too because I'm right on the boarder of gilbert pd and mesa pd I've seen both of them in my apartment complex thanks

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The scanner you have is Analog only looking at the area you live in has a mix of
#1 Analog
#2 P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2
#3 NXDN
#4 Motorola TRBO
If you are interested in hear everything in your area right now.
TRX-1 handheld does all 4 no extra charges. $500 area
TRX-2 Base/Mobile does all 4 no extra charges. $550 area
Look here and tell us what all you want to hear and we can tell you other scanners.

RBMTS

As Buddrousa explains above, and per your previous threads in the other posts, your current scanner WON'T work for what you want to listen to. Gilbert and Mesa PD's are on the digital-only Topaz trunking system. You will need a digital capable scanner to hear them.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
The scanner you have is Analog only looking at the area you live in has a mix of
#1 Analog
#3 NXDN
#4 Motorola TRBO
Look here and tell us what all you want to hear and we can tell you other scanners.

how do I get those for free? you said no extra charges never mind I just got what you said. I'm just waking up thank you.

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
#1 Analog
#3 NXDN
#4 Motorola TRBO

how do I get those for free? you said no extra charges

No extra charges above the prices he listed. The radios are not free.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
a cheap 20 usb rtl_sdr will get you scanning on your PC

Did you miss the part where he said he had a learning disability and he said, "this new phase I is totally out of my league!" So, no I don't think that will help in this case.

I recommend the Whistlers or the Uniden's where you just need to punch in the zip code!

You'll end up paying extra for MOTOTRBO on the Uniden's though..

biloxicoast

Premium Subscriber
I never used Linux before and with the help of forums I'm listening to p25 phase 11 right now. So with good people and great help anything is possible. I don't make excuses for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.