Understanding PRO96 custom settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I have been monitoring/scanning since 1959, and I am baffled by the new systems. Looking in VA STARS, It shows custom settings for the PRO96 and 2096. Problem I have is nowhere do I see the CH Lo CH Hi in win 96, also what is the base frequency for say Hogback Mt. which has control freq. of 161.8875? does the base freq mean control freq? or what does it mean?

beastieboy101

To monitor STARS on a pro-96 you have to use computer software to program it & you will need the USB programming cable that I believe radioshack might still sell. The custom table settings can't be entered manually on the pro-96. The program I use is WIN96. The website has a free 30-day trial but I caved in and bought the program for $30; I think. It is well worth it. I even bought the WIN500 to program my psr-500.

I have attached my WIN96 custom settings for the STARS system.

On picture 1 the red box is what needs to be clicked on. The green box is the button that opens the custom settings table that is in picture 2.

Hope this helps you out some.

Attachments

• p96_1.jpg
    p96_1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 151
  • p96_2.png
    p96_2.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 151

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much. I entered the Multi table and extended trunking info as you advised and my pro96 is now working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.