Understaning CFD frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRPhotography

Photographer
I've been trying to sort out Calgary's Fire Dept frequencies using a Uniden BC95XLT. I can pick up the frequencies in the 866.xxx - 868.xxx area but always get annoying static when there is a break in transmission. Also a transmission will start on one channel and maybe switch 2 or 3 times during breaks in communication... Is there a break down of which frequencies are for which Tac channel? I plan to upgrade to a trunk radio later this year which I believe should resolve my issues but for the time being can someone provide the frequency list for Calgary Fire? also, why is it not listed under the Database?

Thanks,
John, Calgary, AB

JoeyC

According to the database here, yes the Calgary Alberta system is listed, you need a trunking scanner to listen to that system effectively. Listening on a conventional scanner is going to give you a hodgepodge of chatter across the frequencies, that will be very difficult to follow.

JRPhotography

Photographer
I still don't understand how the frequencies listed under Calgary Fire Department are current. From what it states those frequencies are "back-up" frequencies used when the regular system is not convienent. I'm looking for the list of active frequencies which when heard are Voiced as "Zone C13 Tac C1" or "Zone C14 Tac C1" and so on... When listening to these on my coventional scanner I find that "Tac C1" is made of 10 or more different channels and can cross-over with channels being used by "Tac C2" or any other Tac... I don't understand how I can listen to these or goup the frequencies?

Please help.

John

HDMechanic

You will need a trunk tracking scanner to listen to CFD. All the tac channels are talk groups used on the trunk system. CFD does have some conventional channels but you would have to be close to them to hear them as they are not on a repetar. They also only use them in underground parkades from what i understand. Hopefully this will help you..

AHSEMS

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Fire info

Hello everyone I have gotten a new scanner non digital and i was wondering what analog channels or frequency for calgary fire and calgary EMS? I am also wondering what EMS and fire services I can listen to around the calgary area?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Need more information

Please state the type or model number of your scanner. As stated above and elsewhere in these forums, a trunk tracking scanner is required. I'm sure if you read some of the post in this thread and/or post the make and model number of your scanner, people will be of more help. However, if it is new, would say that it is possible. Read the factory manual may help as well. Frequencies are posted in the DATABASES/Canada/Alberta under Calgary Digital Radio. Links are posted on OMRAIL post.

AHSEMS

Banned
Radio qestion

I have a GRE PSR- GRECOM HANDHELD POLICE SCSNNER 300 CHANNEL 800MHZ PORTABLE PSR 120
This is the type of scanner I have. I am wanting to listen to mostly EMS and fire services around the calgary area. I was wondering what EMS services and fire services I can pick up with this scanner? How far in distance can my scanner reach to? Am I able to listen to the red deer fire control?

AHSEMS

Banned
As well I was wondering can I listen to the calgary fire department analog dispatch 2 frequency in the database with the scanner I have possibly? Are there any EMS frequency in Calgary I can listen to for analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.