Undien Spares ? (785)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dg_w

I am trying to track down the two key membranes for a UBC785XLT sold as a 785D I believe, I have left a few emails with Uniden Tech support but never had a reply, any ideas?

Thank you

mancow

Database Admin
I wonder what sort of business model allows for zero communications with customers?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I wonder what sort of business model allows for zero communications with customers?

Seriously? You've obviously never worked at a helpdesk. This is ONE email about a scanner that's about 15 years old. Meanwhile, they are probably getting hundreds of emails per day about the new scanners. Everything from "I want my money back" to "I just have a question" to "When's the app coming out" to "My scanner is doing (insert problem here)" and on and on and on.

I'm certain that Uniden Tech Support is absolutely SWAMPED with inquiries, questions, and complaints about the new radios. I'm not at all surprised that the OP has not heard back yet. Support desks often work like emergency rooms. The most serious pressing issues get worked on first, and other, minor or inquiry only types of tickets get pushed to the back burner to be worked on "later" which could be hours or could be months or could be never depending on what the overall ticket load looks like. I'm not saying it's right, but that's just the way it is when you've got 10 support techs doing the job of 20 or 30. I've been there and done that more times than I care to count. Chances are good that the OP is not going to demand a refund for his 785D just because no one answered his question. However, if someone who says their USB plug isn't working on their 536 doesn't get a response, chances are good they WILL want a refund real fast. So they will get top priority.

Uniden's not ignoring anyone on purpose, but come on, give them a break - they are absolutely getting MURDERED right now at the support desk. I would NOT want to be one of those techs right now, even if I did get free scanners out of it.

-AZ

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Zero communications in never good for any company, and I'm glad Uniden isn't like that.... and most folks here are well aware that Uniden is far better than most in that regard.

I am trying to track down the two key membranes for a UBC785XLT sold as a 785D I believe, I have left a few emails with Uniden Tech support but never had a reply, any ideas?

Thank you

As mentioned by UPMan and others quite frequently, Uniden provides a website for information on parts, and odering information that is quite reliable. I've had an answer to every request placed there.

PartsRequest < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

dg_w

Thank you for the link

Thank you, I have added my request there. I was not bashing unidens support desk as such, but nothing in three weeks, even a reply a reply to acknowledge they will get back to me would have been nice.

Fingers crossed thay have something that is compatible still

JamesO

Call Uniden Parts.

Your email address may be getting SPAMMED??

But Uniden does need to do something with their communications, it really sucks overall.

Phones always busy, never answered or always in voice jail.

Reply via snail mail when provided with email addresses and phone numbers.

Phone and FAX numbers printed on boiler plate letters that are out of date or not working??

Come on, not that hard to sort this stuff out.

The 785D is still something they do repairs on, so they likely have some parts for these still otherwise ebay for parts units or search the web for parts units.

Might also try these guys as well??

SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.