Undocumented VHF Trunked System, maybe Lee County

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be a trunked system undocumented. It looks like it may be in the FCC DB. It may be Lee County. If so the frequencies are:

I could be all wet here. :) I don't have the right equipment to go much further with this. If you have the time and the right stuff, can you take a look at this one? Thanks.

Mod Edit: Changed UHF to VHF in thread title--KE4ZNR

Last edited by a moderator:

randyK

It is Lee co, been up for a while, NXDN48, system L203. All I have confirmed with SDR# & DSD+ is TG1 is Fire, TG22 is Ems. Also had hits on TGs 12, 27, & 30, but unable to id any of them.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Great! Thanks a bunch. The frequency list was correct?

I have a BCD996P2, will it do NXDN or will I have to buy the firmware update?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Great! Thanks a bunch. The frequency list was correct?

I have a BCD996P2, will it do NXDN or will I have to buy the firmware update?

Hey Brian, bad news.
The BCD996P2 will do MotoTRBO DRM & Provoice (with paid update) but can't do NXDN at this time.

Marshall KE4ZNR

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Marshall, thanks. I figured as much. I did purchase the DMR upgrade but not the ProVoice. Are there any ProVoice systems in range? Hope you are doing well.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
There are actually very few EDACS systems, much less ProVoice in NC other than an utility or SMR or two. Being that it is an discontinued format and is no longer being supported by Harris, most are rapidly converting to Harris P25ip, switching over to the Motorola ASTRO-25, or other P25 formats, or going to MotoTRBO or NexEDGE.

That being said, in the area are these EDACS TRS..
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7162 Listed as analog, but not updated since 2012, so not sure if it is still analog, ProVoice, or even still EDACS...
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=734 Listed as analog, but NO FCC licenses assigned for easy lookup of the emissions.... No CC, ACC listed...
No updates since 2011.

And here is an MotoTRBO multisite system not listed you may want to play with...
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQZC228

Most likely an CON+ Multisite, or CAP+ Multisite.... Possibly an Tier III, but you will have to do some sleuthing to know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Marshall, thanks. I figured as much. I did purchase the DMR upgrade but not the ProVoice. Are there any ProVoice systems in range? Hope you are doing well.
Only one within monitoring range was Johnston County (which had a mixed analog/Provoice system) but within the last year JoCo has upgraded it to a Harris P25 system that uses a mix of phase 1 FDMA and phase 2 TDMA talkgroups.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Another Lee County Trunked System

Does Lee County use another trunked system on freqs:

trumpetman

Database Admin
Lee County has 4 channels each on both VHF & UHF at a single site. I believe the networks are interconnected as well for the ability to talk between law enforcement (UHF users) & fire/EMS (VHF users).

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Does this mean 460.1125 is an NXDN control chan (for lack of a better term for NXDN)? It sounds like a control channel but I haven't been able to decode it using my BCD996P2.

Status
Not open for further replies.