Unhear freq in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Greeting,
To those of the monitor community of Utah, I have another Puzzle freq to identify.
Who is on - and what is it used for, 856.01250 with a callsign of WQNI579 with a note of "special" communication.

ecps92

Actually that is "Special Emergency" and to the FCC Special Emergency [PS] allocations generally were School Bus, Ambulance, VETS etc in the Pre 2000 years

Also, they would need to notify Sprint, prior to enabling/commissioning the Repeater use.
Prior to commencing operations on any channel or channels specified under this authorization, the licensee must provide at least 60 days written or electronic notice to Sprint Nextel Corporation that it intends to activate the channel(s) for testing or commencement of operations. Sprint Nextel must cease operation on the channel(s) specified in the notice by the intended date to the extent necessary to comply with the co-channel spacing requirements of § 90.621(b), after which the licensee may activate the channel(s). Sprint Nextel Corporation has established an email box to receive these notifications at 800mhzinterleavedspectrum@sprint.com

Have you actually heard anything, or just stumbled on the license??
90.617 - PUBLIC SAFETY/SPECIAL EMERGENCY​
spacer.gif

Greeting,
To those of the monitor community of Utah, I have another Puzzle freq to identify.
Who is on - and what is it used for, 856.01250 with a callsign of WQNI579 with a note of "special" communication.

mrlthse

Actually that is "Special Emergency" and to the FCC Special Emergency [PS] allocations generally were School Bus, Ambulance, VETS etc in the Pre 2000 years

Also, they would need to notify Sprint, prior to enabling/commissioning the Repeater use.
Prior to commencing operations on any channel or channels specified under this authorization, the licensee must provide at least 60 days written or electronic notice to Sprint Nextel Corporation that it intends to activate the channel(s) for testing or commencement of operations. Sprint Nextel must cease operation on the channel(s) specified in the notice by the intended date to the extent necessary to comply with the co-channel spacing requirements of § 90.621(b), after which the licensee may activate the channel(s). Sprint Nextel Corporation has established an email box to receive these notifications at 800mhzinterleavedspectrum@sprint.com

Have you actually heard anything, or just stumbled on the license??
90.617 - PUBLIC SAFETY/SPECIAL EMERGENCY​
spacer.gif
I find this difficult to believe,
To give notice...
Thats like saying :mother may I"
Here in Utah the UCA net has may other freqs and talk group they could use in a special emergency situation,
that to ask permission would not even be a consideration I would think,
I don't see that happening, They would simple cancel the license and be done with it.
Question: Did I stumple upon this license, ANSWER: Nope

ecps92

You may want to READ UP on the Nextel/Sprint frequency swap - also known as Rebanding.

Agencies swapped frequencies with Nextel and Prior to completion of construction [commissioning] coordination - Yes a Mother may I - was required to ensure Nextel/Sprint had moved off and the Public Safety Agencies were clear [No harmful interference] to begin to use the channel.

I find this difficult to believe,
To give notice...
Thats like saying :mother may I"
Here in Utah the UCA net has may other freqs and talk group they could use in a special emergency situation,
that to ask permission would not even be a consideration I would think,
I don't see that happening, They would simple cancel the license and be done with it.
Question: Did I stumple upon this license, ANSWER: Nope

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Very seldom are Licences canceled. Most of the time they are just allowed to expire. These freqs/licenses you have found are part of three portable/fixed repeaters that Davis County Sheriffs Office (DCSO) acquired many years ago, prior to "rebanding". As identified earlier, one of them is in use by the Jail. The other two, I have not heard any traffic on, for several years. As they are "pre-reband", they do have special conditions for use. Have these conditions been meet (i.e. a mother may I), or are they being used on a "don't get caught" basis, I do not know?

mrlthse

Very seldom are Licences canceled. Most of the time they are just allowed to expire. These freqs/licenses you have found are part of three portable/fixed repeaters that Davis County Sheriffs Office (DCSO) acquired many years ago, prior to "rebanding". As identified earlier, one of them is in use by the Jail. The other two, I have not heard any traffic on, for several years. As they are "pre-reband", they do have special conditions for use. Have these conditions been meet (i.e. a mother may I), or are they being used on a "don't get caught" basis, I do not know?
Well I do Know from my experience with being former US Army Military Police (Fort Ord, CA) / Psyop operation and Civil Affairs that Ungle Sugar does what ever they want, when they want too, if they think they can / and or don't get caught, when they did,
they just use the excuse of National Security or Oops we did not know.

ecps92

Yes, the US Government reports to NTIA, who wields a much stronger hammer on violations than does the FCC that the rest of the world must follow, but they do levy fines/puinishment for violations
Well I do Know from my experience with being former US Army Military Police (Fort Ord, CA) / Psyop operation and Civil Affairs that Ungle Sugar does what ever they want, when they want too, if they think they can / and or don't get caught, when they did,
they just use the excuse of National Security or Oops we did not know.

mrlthse

Yes, the US Government reports to NTIA, who wields a much stronger hammer on violations than does the FCC that the rest of the world must follow, but they do levy fines/puinishment for violations
They might have now,
But not when I was under there control,
The airways were not as restricted as today,
And the use of cell phone make up a big difference to that Dent.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind, with all the budget cuts over the decades, there is less "monitoring of the airwaves" by the FCC. They are pretty much to the point of responding to complaints, and less on going out to look for violators. And as always, the old saying of Forgiveness vrs permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.