• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication and NextGen Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone know if the NextGen Systems, such as the new San Diego County System, can be monitored/decoded by the Unication products? The system is said to be P25 Phase 2, however I thought I heard a while back that Unications will not work on these systems. Can anyone confirm or by chance actually used a Unication product on this system?

Thanks!

N6ML

G2/3/4/5 all support P25 Phase II, provided the firmware is up to date. I can't say I've actually tried that SD "NextGen" system, but I see no reason for it to not work. Maybe you're looking at this old thread ? That seems to be discussing the system that "NextGen" replaced.....

Stringer619

News Photojournalist
I use two G5’s for work in the news in San Diego on a nightly basis. Works great for the RCS NextGen and the San Diego City systems. Unications can’t monitor Motorola SmartZone/SmartConnect systems, like the old systems we had here in SD. They handle P25 Phase II fine.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Stringer619, thank you! I was under the impression that the NextGen system was a no-go for the Unications. Great to hear that they work great on the SD County and City systems!

I know that the Unications can only "monitor" one system at a time, however am I correct in assuming that you can have more than one system programmed into the G5, such as the NextGen and the City system, but can only monitor one or the other at any given time?

Thanks again!

N6ML

I know that the Unications can only "monitor" one system at a time, however am I correct in assuming that you can have more than one system programmed into the G5, such as the NextGen and the City system, but can only monitor one or the other at any given time?

Yes. You'd have to switch to a different "knob position".

Status
Not open for further replies.