• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication breaks the silence on PII timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireattack484

Feed Provider
I just hope that the PII upgrade is a separate thing from any other "enhancements" they might make. I don't need PII, and likely won't for several years, but I would like to have any other firmware upgrades they might make — TG hold, lockout, etc — but am not very excited about having to pay $150 to get those if they are only available as part of the PII upgrade.

SCPD

QRT
If you think $150 is high look at this copy and paste from KENWOOD STATE CONTRACT PRICING. These are add to the $825 Radio Price.

KWD-5100CV License Key for P25 Conventional $431.25 $575.00
KWD-5101TR License Key for P25 Phase 1 Trunking (requires KWD-5100CV) $390.00 $520.00
KWD-5102TR License Key for P25 Phase 2 Trunking (requires KWD-5100CV & KWD-5101TR) $300.00 $400.00
KWD-5103RK License Key for P25 OTAR (requires KWD-5106DT for a Trunking Operation) $525.00 $700.00
KWD-5105VT License Key for P25 Conventional Voting Scan $90.00 $120.00

1st price is STATE CONTRACT the 2nd is MSRP

Wow! What a difference between state contracts and MSRP price. $825 + $390 to enable Phase I trunking is $1215. I wonder what the programming software and cable or are they included in the basic radio config.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I just hope that the PII upgrade is a separate thing from any other "enhancements" they might make. I don't need PII, and likely won't for several years, but I would like to have any other firmware upgrades they might make — TG hold, lockout, etc — but am not very excited about having to pay $150 to get those if they are only available as part of the PII upgrade.

I'm curious as well how they will handle it... perhaps they will do it similar to how Uniden does and provide the firmware upgrade for free, but then require a purchased serial number to unlock the new mode.

I wonder also if Unication will have the purchase available on their website or if it will be done through the dealers.
We shall see...

Haley

I really hope it's through the software and email someway. Not real up on the idea of a ton of radio's going back to dealers at the same time. Mike

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Well, it is worth it to me to pay $150 for P2. I have a couple of simulcast systems I like to listen to with P2 TG's, and I am hoping that's what it's going to take to hear whats popping up on a BCD996P2, and not on my G4.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Yes it know it's so annoying us wanting a company to stick to the word of their dealers that the upgrade would be free. I mean come on how dare us ?

please guys stop comparing the G5 with Uniden/Whistler scanners. unless you were given a written statement you could get free phase 2 upgrades you have nothing to go by. If unication asks me for 200 USD to upgrade id still pay. if you can't afford it or think is too much then don't upgrade...
god this is annoying

ecarvalho

I hear ya... but was the word "free" ever mentioned in the upgrade texts? Good luck waiting on your free upgrade

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber

I doubt it. I don't see why it wouldn't be its own add on.

ecarvalho

I bought mine from Rays Pager Sales. In their site they do mention P25 phase II "upgradeable" in the future. Nowhere in this page they say the upgrade will be free. So to those of you claiming you were promised free upgrades, go back to where you saw that in writing, take snapshot and email your dealer demanding that they pay for your upgrade since it will not be free according to Unication. Take action and quit whining in the forum.

Unication G1 G4 & G5 Pagers - Fire & EMS Services - Ray's Pager Sales

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
When my department got a quote for 30 pagers we were told by the dealer it would be free from Unication. And when found out it wasn't we then cancelled the order.

Was the free upgrade in writing in the quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.