Unication dealer in or near Lafayette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

Does anyone know if any of the commercial two way radio companies in the Lafayette area sell Unication G4 or G5 pagers?

Tim-B

Okay yeah, I saw their website. I guess I was looking for a place where I could actually hold one in my hand and look at it to give me that final push I need to actually buy one.

trust me GET ONE well worth the money i love mine blows a scanner away i wish Unication will make scanners down the road i got the TRX-2 around the same time its works a little better than the Pro-197 i had buy still don't work 100% like my G5 VHF does.The G4\G5 pagers are well build

Tim-B

I hope they make one too. A good hand held built like a tank like the pagers are. One that will make me want to throw my 436 out the window at 70 mph and watch it smash to pieces on the asphalt.

you know you can't do talkgroup hold like a scanner people love the pager but cry it don't do more i use mine in the smart way you can scan many talkgroups in one channel make one the PRIORITY over the rest also for the fire tac channels i made them a single channel to monitor.also these don't do multi scan only one system per channel being it only has 8 channels per zone.

Tim-B

I know about the limitations. I just want to use it to monitor one P25 700 MHz system so I can hear the State Police all over the state. I drive an average of 30,000 miles per year and go all over the state. The scanners are good in some place but suffer horribly from cell site overload in others. I want something that works better than that so if there is a wreck or other road blockage then I will know about it and I won't get stuck on the interstate at a standstill for three hours.

i live in cleveland ohio we have the ohio turnpike i went to jackson michigan this year to a fire show i did add all control channels that cover the turnpike area its worked 100% from cleveland to Toledo with out a miss in radio traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.