• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication encryption load software

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VGW

Open your Encryption Utility-
Go to the settings Tab-You'll see "After clicking Generate Key Table Button, Options for Key Generation Are:
Select Option 4
Key In Single 256 Bit Key
Select Save
Go back to the Encryption Key table screen
Select your device
Select Generate Key Table
Now you can enter your Single AES Key
Then Program to device
Took me a while to figure it out as well.

pontotocg4

Where do you get the encryption key loader. I have the encryption key for my local Highway patrol for there dispatch channel I'm authorized to use it but need to know how to use it. I have the programming software that I use to program my pager .is that what I use to enter it.

N6ML

Where do you get the encryption key loader. I have the encryption key for my local Highway patrol for there dispatch channel I'm authorized to use it but need to know how to use it. I have the programming software that I use to program my pager .is that what I use to enter it.

Your dealer should be able to help you.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Is your google broke? If not, it should be able to help you find it.
Since your being so helpful, how do you fix a broken google? can you google that and let us know.
See now my comment is as worthless as yours. But I will add info to try to help the original poster.

To enter an encryption key requires different software than the PPS software. N6ML is spot on with him suggesting you contact your dealer to have them send you the key loading software.

tkowalik

Banned
Since your being so helpful, how do you fix a broken google? can you google that and let us know.
See now my comment is as worthless as yours. But I will add info to try to help the original poster.

To enter an encryption key requires different software than the PPS software. N6ML is spot on with him suggesting you contact your dealer to have them send you the key loading software.

The encryption key loader is available by doing a simple google search.

Is that more helpful?

N6ML

The encryption key loader is available by doing a simple google search.

Is that more helpful?

Evidently my Google is (also) broken, then, because I'm not finding it.

I'm fairly sure that it's not generally available for download on any open website. If there is a version floating around somewhere, I imagine it's unofficial. Using unofficial software with security-sensitive keys seems like it'd be ill-advised.

tkowalik

Banned
I must have some other version of google because I just found it — second result.

You may be confused on the software; it doesn’t contain anything sensitive. You have to know the 64bit key to generate a table to upload into the pager. Unless you know the 64bit key, the software is useless.

N6ML

I must have some other version of google because I just found it — second result.

I guess so

You may be confused on the software; it doesn’t contain anything sensitive. You have to know the 64bit key to generate a table to upload into the pager. Unless you know the 64bit key, the software is useless.

It contains something sensitive as soon as you type/paste something sensitive into it. If you don't know where that software came from, you don't know what's it might do with data that you enter.

tkowalik

Banned
If you have sensitive keys to an encrypted system, the software to load those keys and the keys themselves should never be on a computer connected to the internet. Therefore, what the software does with the data is irrelevant since it can’t send any information anywhere.

tkowalik

Banned
Perhaps you'd like to share all the links you found?

There is a lengthy notice about software on this site so I will decline sharing anything.

The best way to obtain the software is to contact Unication or a radio shop. I was merely pointing out that it is ‘out there.’

I apologize that a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic comment about a broke google turned into this.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Looks like the original question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.