• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G-Series PPS Profile Sharing Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Hello,

Let me introduce the Unication PPS Sharing Center Platform to you guys.

This is the nonprofit platform created by Unication and we hope all the Unication users can help each other on it; by sharing the PPS profile with each other, everyone can benefit from this platform.

For years, we've been seeing customers requesting the PPS profiles from each other, asking how to download the database from the RR, and asking about how to program the G-series voice pager. In order to solve these problems, on one hand, we're improving the PPS software operation. On the other hand, we created this sharing platform to let customers can be easier to program their units (especially for the newcomers).

The Unication G-Series PPS Profile Sharing Center can be divided into two sections:

1. Upload Section: Unication Codeplug Sharing Center-Upload
    Customers can freely upload their PPS profiles to help others. Please be noted that your PPS profile uploaded will be shared with the public; if there's any confidential information in the profile, please do not upload it to the sharing center.

2. Download Section: Unication Codeplug Sharing Center-Download
    Customers can download the PPS profile based on their area or demand from the sharing center. You can search the profiles by the area or the system type and only need to click the name of the profile to download. Very easy to use.

Account: unicustomer
    Password: unication

We're improving this sharing center now since there some function are going be added. Let me know your comments and suggestions if you have any good ideas you want to share with Unication. :giggle:

Thanks,

Steve

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Steve, great move! Happy Day. Anyone know if a G4 G3 profile can be used on the G5? TIA

HRN

Premium Subscriber
Steve, great move! Happy Day. Anyone know if a G4 G3 profile can be used on the G5? TIA
Yes, just use the Create Profile and then at the bottom use the Convert to New Model.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
IMO, Unication would be better off integrating the RR API into the PPS like you see in ProScan and other 3rd-party applications, so that you can download directly from RR if you have a premium membership, rather than completely reinventing the wheel.

The RR database covers way more stuff, and already has a robust infrastructure for submitting new data, making changes, and correcting errors. Using RR as a data source also reduces or eliminates the model conversion issue, particularly with systems that have both UHF and VHF frequencies that can't be received by a single model. Simply ignore frequencies that the model currently selected in the PPS can't receive when importing.

At least offer RR download as an option in the PPS. That would leverage submissions made by users with all brands of hardware, rather than only one.

bkramm

When uploading a PPS file it would be nice to have the option to choose all types.
I already uploaded mine which has all 3 system types.
I am in a location that has both phase 1 & 2 and still some conventional
and have all 3 in the profile.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I see on the download page a contact us, why not use that and say i request my file be deleted and the reason.

Is there a way to delete or replace the file I sent.
I didn't do a very good job with the description of the
agencies in the file.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
This is a great way to help people learn how to program their pagers and understand the Unication architecture.

This is a very creative idea that I have not seen anywhere else, from any vendor.

Nice work!

bkramm

Thanks trido hadn't noticed that.
Sent my request.
It they remove it I will replace it with a better desrciption,
not trying to get around the requirement to share.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Just uploaded my updated file. I still need to work on site information for the MD first network.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
How do I access the site. It keeps asking for password and account number. I tried leaving it blank, but it still wants the aforementioned...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
How do I access the site. It keeps asking for password and account number. I tried leaving it blank, but it still wants the aforementioned...
From post #1 in this thread:

Account: unicustomer
Password: unication

Status
Not open for further replies.