• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G1 Battery Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JChabalie

We just received 15 new Unication G1 pagers about 3 weeks ago (actually, I think they were new, old stock. Manufacture date was in 2013). The batteries are only lasting about 12 hours or so before the pager going dead, and that is even when left on Selective Call. I contacted Unication and they sent me two sets of new batteries to try, but I am having the same result with them. I have the backlight set to be off, but when there is a transmission, the light turns on, even when on Selective Call. Any ideas what could be causing the poor battery life? There are quite a few complaints from those that have the new ones at my department. With our Minitor VI's, they could last almost 2 days between charges. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpha2disp

Try throwing in some standard AAA's and see if it's a battery issue or if it's pager related.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The Unication G1 device should last longer than you are experiencing with a set of fresh batteries.

If you have access to your code plug, as a dealer I would be more than happy to take a look at it for you to see if there is something enabled that might shorten your battery life.

What is the firmware in your pagers? The latest release is RVV114EN, and if you don't have the latest release, I can shoot you a drop box link for that version.

JChabalie

I don't have access to my laptop at the moment, but I think I'll take you up on the offer to review the code plug.

Yesterday, I did disable the MDC decode on our Dispatch channel to see if that would help. It appears to have stopped the backlight from turning on and off with every transmission, so that may be a start. I'm going on about 12 hours off the charger today and it is still saying full charge. So, so far so good.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
You might have just solved your issue. The MDC decode tends to shorten the battery life.

JChabalie

I'm hoping. Keeping my fingers crossed. We really don't use Dispatch to transmit on, so I just left it enabled on our Ops channel. I'm hoping that solves it. If it did solve it, I will officially be sold on them. Never thought I'd be a non-Motorola guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.